IDF shoot 60-2,000 wounded.

Why do democracies continue to lose the propaganda war? Why are democratic countries constantly portrayed as the bad guys in the media?
I've asked this question previously; why has Israel not released any video footage of the Palestinians acting despicably? Acting in a manner that resulted in fire being opened and >60 being killed?

I strongly suspect that the main reason is that the only video footage Israel has shows them to be acting with disproportionate force.

This perfectly reasonable view will of course trigger a new MBF.

The IDFs RoE include AIUI permission to shoot dead people they view to be "principle agitators"...

60...ish, out of how many thousands that turned out?

Defence is not just de fence!

IDF held back. Deny that.
If you think that >60 dead, and zero breaching the fence is "holding back" then there is little point in even pretending to hold a polite conversation with you.

Anyone condemning Israel for the way they protect their border,

If you where in the position the israelis are in , what would you do about all those people massing on your border, knowing that if they break though they will kill all your people, men,women and children

NB That's not killing anybody and the way you do it has got to work first time as there is no second chance
Funny how Bravo_Bravo (now there's a misnomer...) keeps forgetting Hamas admitted at leat 50 of the 60 fatalities were its operatives.

One could almost think he was being a hypocrite...

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you think that >60 dead, and zero breaching the fence is "holding back" then there is little point in even pretending to hold a polite conversation with you.
Do please tell us what YOU would have done to stop it. I am interested to see how you'll disperse the crowd, keep the fence secure and not fire a single shot.

Funny how Bravo_Bravo (now there's a misnomer...) keeps forgetting Hamas admitted at leat 50 of the 60 fatalities were its operatives.

One could almost think he was being a hypocrite...
Reasons for this have been discussed, Oddbod ( now there's an accurate name.)

The context in which the guy from Hamas said that was important. It wasn't designed for a non-Arab audience. The interviewer was effectively accusing Hamas of hiding behind the protesters so he claimed that 50 of those killed were Hamas to try and prove that wasn't what happened. Personally I am no more inclined to believe that than anything else to do with the casualties that has come out of the Hamas Pallywood machine.
One could almost think you've just got back from the pub.

Get smashing the Mong buttons.

Last edited:
Do please tell us what YOU would have done to stop it. I am interested to see how you'll disperse the crowd, keep the fence secure and not fire a single shot.
Who GAF?

The IDF killed at least 60. Zero Palestinians got through the fence, and I fully expect none even got close to it.

If you really want advice on IS matters, you know who to ask...

I've asked this question previously; why has Israel not released any video footage of the Palestinians acting despicably? Acting in a manner that resulted in fire being opened and >60 being killed?

I strongly suspect that the main reason is that the only video footage Israel has shows them to be acting with disproportionate force.

This perfectly reasonable view will of course trigger a new MBF.

The IDFs RoE include AIUI permission to shoot dead people they view to be "principle agitators"...
The Israelis have released drone footage of hand grenades and/or pipe bombs being thrown at their vehicles and troops. Multiple media agencies have shown footage of rioters using slings to attack the IDF and of rioters carrying knives and axes. Facebook posts from Hamas have been translated and released that show they were asking the rioters to carry guns and knives in order to kill or preferably kidnap Israeli troops and civilians. Hamas have admitted in interviews that the whole thing was designed to be a violent attack on Israel, not a peaceful protest. In my view all of that taken together pretty much proves the Israeli's case for them.

Reasons for this have been discussed, Oddbod ( now there's an accurate name.)

One could almost think you've just got back from the pub.

Get smashing the Mong buttons.
So when the source suits your position, it's impeccable but the moment it doesn't it's questionable at best.

You really are a Gold Medal bullshitting hypocrite.

The Israelis have released drone footage of hand grenades and/or pipe bombs being thrown at their vehicles and troops. Multiple media agencies have shown footage of rioters using slings to attack the IDF and of rioters carrying knives and axes. Facebook posts from Hamas have been translated and released that show they were asking the rioters to carry guns and knives in order to kill or preferably kidnap Israeli troops and civilians. Hamas have admitted in interviews that the whole thing was designed to be a violent attack on Israel, not a peaceful protest. In my view all of that taken together pretty much proves the Israeli's case for them.
Thank you - I know you're a neutral observer here and have no dog in this fight.

TBH I'd question the veracity of what the IDF are saying about grenades / pipe bombs; you'll know how hard it is to throw them any appreciable distance over tall fences.

Its also worth pointing out that the Palestinians have long been protesting on the same date. I regard Hamas as hijacking the protest for their own purposes.