IDF shoot 60-2,000 wounded.

The Palestinians have had a raw deal, agreed. None of this excuses terrorism to my mind, but they've had a raw deal. Trouble is, they're not just angry with "Zionists" are they? (For "They", read the provateurs who have Palestinian kids being taught that the Jews are blood sucking, sub human scum etc). They want to eradicate Israel, and all Israelis.

As to the rest of your post, trying to say that the Jews didn't have it too bad in WW2 is moronic; whataboutery at its lowest.
If your so concerned with their wellbeing why not go and volunteer with the IRC...

No idea where in relation to this week's incidents this took place, the guys in the video look like Border Police rather than Army.

The Palestinians have had a raw deal, agreed. None of this excuses terrorism to my mind, but they've had a raw deal. Trouble is, they're not just angry with "Zionists" are they? (For "They", read the provateurs who have Palestinian kids being taught that the Jews are blood sucking, sub human scum etc). They want to eradicate Israel, and all Israelis.

As to the rest of your post, trying to say that the Jews didn't have it too bad in WW2 is moronic; whataboutery at its lowest.
Oh no. Not my intent at all. Just pointing out that the Germans really did put their sticks about effectively. They were so professional about it, employed only the finest kind of sociopath. Could it be in their genes, do you think? They’re definitely the go to guys if you want to commit genocide.
What’s a few more tens of millions here and there, hey. Only the Jews suffered properly. It’s official, it really is the “official” history narrative.
Give the team behind the Shoa bonuses and trebles all round. They’ve build a nation on it. Cue Israeli national anthem, whatever it is.

Sharpville. Dozen odd cops against a mob of a few hundred. Nervous cop opened fire and it was downhill from there. Entire world got weepy about it.

I'm pretty sure if they'd held their fire the only ones who would have mourned would have been the families and friends of those cops.

My bold Sharpville came a few months after this incident and the and the Police didn't forget it. Indeed in our NRP training school later that year, we were taught about it and advised NEVER to allow ourselves be caught by a mob but to use whatever force was necessary to extricate ourselves from the situation http://www.sahistory.org.za/dated-event/nine-policemen-are-killed-angry-mob-cato-manor-durban

snip .. "On 24 January 1960, nine policemen were killed by an angry mob at Cato Manor in Durban. The incident happened after a routine raid by police searching for illicit liquor. They were stoned and hacked to death. The police attempted to escape after they were ambushed, but were overwhelmed by the mob. Among those killed were four White policemen and five Blacks."

Sadly enough the bodies were so badly damaged & burnt it was impossible to tell the black police from the white. & incidentally these were photos of the weapons taken from the "unarmed" Sharpville mob.

I''m not a Tory type, they're just the least worst of a bad bunch

You think I actually like TM ?
No, you seem more of a JRM fan, from our exchanges on other topics.

Still, terrible PR for Israel again.

Where do you think that this ends?

One side will utterly slaughter the other, eventually

Really?

If Israel behaved towards the "Palestinians" in the same way others behaved towards the Jews, they'd have moved back & nuked Gaza from orbit.

A more ridiculous statement than yours is hard to imagine.

Many people forget that Israel actually used its troops to remove Israeli settlers from Gaza, evacuating Gaza totally. Their thanks, a massive increase in rocket & armed groups attacking neighbouring Israeli towns & villages.

I visited Israel on business in the '80's & travelled extensively around it often guided by one very interesting guy who just happened to be a reservist Major in the IDF former Golani Brigade. Amongst other thing we visited the Golan Heights where he showed me the ground he fought over.
I also visited a Kibbutz overlooked by the Heights and they showed me the armoured tractor, still pock marked from bullet strikes, they had to use when working fields near the border as the Syrians on the heights would often take pot shots at it.
When I naively asked him why the Israeli's were hard on the Palestinians he said as a Christian I had been taught to "turn the other cheek" if attacked,. He said that if they did it to their Arab/Palestinian neighbours they would have their head ripped off. He showed me how even neighbouring countries children's TV was indoctrinating them to hate the Israeli's virtually from birth. Quite a sobering thought.

Populating land occupied in a war is against the Geneva Convention, as was the case post-1967.

Try reading the Conventions, you'll learn something.
Indeed. I suggest you go and read them as well. There's a first time for everything eh what?

A couple of points: the Geneva Conventions only apply during time of war. Is Israel at war at the moment? A small border action doesn't make a war: the Falklands Conflict in 1982 wasn't a war: Argentina was wise enough not to declare war on the UK and the UK was kind enough not to declare war on Argentina. The other point: the Conventions apply to a signatory nation even if the opposing nation is not a signatory, but only if the opposing nation "accepts and applies the provisions" of the Conventions. Given the murderous and genocidal intent and actions of Hamas and their predecessors, I believe that frees Israel from any obligation to follow the Conventions.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
LOAC aside there must have been political advantage to be gained by using non lethal weaponry rather than ball ammunition on mainly unarmed civilians.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Nicked from elsewhere, not LTTE or Hamas but Russian Revolutionaries, though one Chinese writer accused the Dutch of doing it in the 17th century.
I suspect it won’t be too long before we see Christian fundamentalists deciding to martyr themselves. We’re already seeing environmentalists self imolate.

I’ve worked closely with CIED guys over the years. They’re normally well clued up of TTPs of suicide bombers.

Palestinians were one of the first to use suicide bombers, but nobody bothered telling the guys doing the martyrdom.

It would appear that they got rumbled when they asked two guys to target Israeli checkpoints. These two were quite switched on so decided to work together. Chogie 1 says to Chogie 2.
You run over and plant the bomb, I’ll give you covering fire. Chogie 2 complies, runs over, sets the charge only to discover there’s no delay even though he’s been told there was. Chogie 2 sees his mate disappear into a cloud of mist, runs off and checks his own device to discover it’s the same.

The great achievement of propaganda if using suicide bombers is that they give the impression that they martyr themselves willingly

I’ve never seen a threat rep for a suicide bomber that doesn’t have a 8 suicide bombers. In reality, it’s a couple of dickers, a cell leader, a poor sap who’s been coerced into doing it and a few guys to sit on the poor sap telling him what a great job he’s doing.

Suicide bombers have a shelf life. You need to use them in a few days otherwise they decide to change their mind.

I believe that approximately half of suicide bombers are people who have been detonated remotely after being given a bag of cash to transport something from A to B

Latest Threads