Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

IDF shoot 60-2,000 wounded.

See my last.

Plus the hobby rockets had AIUI more of an annoyance factor rather than lethal effect. Population density is a factor too; Gaza is one of the most heavily populated places on the planet. This leads to the "chocolate bar in an orphanage" effect - every b*stard gets a bit...

It's a bit more than just an annoyance when it leaves 40% of the children in Sderot with PTSD. 40% of Israeli children in Gaza border town of Sderot suffer from anxiety, PTSD

Which, if you look at the expansion of Israel over the last 70 years, is clearly rubbish.

Serious question, has Israel ever formally stated where it believes it's boundaries are or should be?

To be fair to the Israelis they gave the Egyptians the Saini back and left the Gaza strip taking every settler with them . Did they get much thanks for either action ?

Apologies in advance if I've got this wrong @loofkar , but are you saying that the rest of the World should have stopped the attacks on Israel when you have massive defences of your own - including your land forces which you eventually sent in? I am open to being corrected.

Sorry I meant that the world observed them rocketing our towns and cities for weeks while we held off but when we went in to put a stop to it we got all the condemnation - the main contention being not enough of you have been killed to justify this. Strange how SWJ's and other assorted hypocrits should have a General Westmoreland-style obsession with having to have a bodycount.

Last edited:

Hence why in the quote it said "General Pershing reportedly " & "The legend also mentioned "
Mind you if countries who suffer from Islamic extremist attacks, made a point of taking a similar course with the bodies or "bits" of bodies of these attackers & threatening to dip the bullets of defensive forces in lard, it might, just might deter them.
Of course then all the snowflakes, apologists etc would scream "human rights" abuse or contravention of the Geneva convention or some such crap. :)

It's a bit more than just an annoyance when it leaves 40% of the children in Sderot with PTSD. 40% of Israeli children in Gaza border town of Sderot suffer from anxiety, PTSD

Not to mention the kid whose leg was blown off by a Kassam while buying an ice cream in the corner shop. About 8-9 years ago some friends and I visited an acquaintance in Sderot. When we arrived the first thing he did was to show us his reinforced concrete security room. He then said "If the siren sounds, we all go straight to this place and wait. Waddya know an hour later in the middle of coffee and cake the siren goes off, we make it to the space followed by a tremedous crump of the rocket landing 2 streets away (no one hurt, material damage only). I was shaken by the force of the explosion even with all my experience in the mob and living on the Lebanon border.
I'm surprised 90% of kids there don't have PTSD.

Which, if you look at the expansion of Israel over the last 70 years, is clearly rubbish.
Expansion occurs as the result of victory. It seems you want to blame Israel for not losing. If they had lost, they wouldn't exist (which probably has a lot to do with why they haven't lost).
Serious question, has Israel ever formally stated where it believes it's boundaries are or should be?
Serious answer: no idea. However I believe Hamas has declared that Israel should be wiped out, inferring Israel's borders should be non-existent.

Sorry I meant that the world observed them rocketing our towns and cities for weeks while we held off but when we went in to put a stop to it we got all the condemnation - the main contention being not enough of you have been killed to justify this. Strange how SWJ's and other assorted hypocrits should have a General Westmoreland-style obsession with having to have a bodycount.

Thanks @loofkar .

I regard the behaviour of boths sides as reprehensible. Have done for some time.

I was very much pro Israel until I saw the airburst WP.

Human Rights watch has made the point that lots of alleged WP attacks were actually just White smoke* erroneously reported as WP.

Ive also seen the drone drop tear gas identified as WP.

Now obviously this doesn't excuse the confirmed usage in (densely populated ) Urban areas (nor would I seek to), but the crime may well have been nowhere near as widespread as its now portrayed as by various anti Israeli groups for propaganda effect.

*Perhaps understandably people in proximity didn't hang around to confirm

The hate to Israel come from EU establishment. Now when they lost some very lucrative deals in Iran, they are mad of hatred
,snip some old paranoid balls>

More deflection....the point at issue is whether or not the IDF, in this instance, used a proportionate level of force in the face of provocation by largely unarmed civilians.

As a dispassionate observer who counts people of many faiths as friends, I'd say not.

Not to mention the kid whose leg was blown off by a Kassam while buying an ice cream in the corner shop. About 8-9 years ago some friends and I visited an acquaintance in Sderot. When we arrived the first thing he did was to show us his reinforced concrete security room. He then said "If the siren sounds, we all go straight to this place and wait. Waddya know an hour later in the middle of coffee and cake the siren goes off, we make it to the space followed by a tremedous crump of the rocket landing 2 streets away (no one hurt, material damage only). I was shaken by the force of the explosion even with all my experience in the mob and living on the Lebanon border.
I'm surprised 90% of kids there don't have PTSD.
Isn't Sderot an illegal settlement?
The settlements are illegal under international law
I know there source isn't Hamas, but needs must...

Human Rights watch has made the point that lots of alleged WP attacks were actually just White smoke* erroneously reported as WP.

Ive also seen the drone drop tear gas identified as WP.

Now obviously this doesn't excuse the confirmed usage in (densely populated ) Urban areas (nor would I seek to), but the crime may well have been nowhere near as widespread as its now portrayed as by various anti Israeli groups for propaganda effect.

*Perhaps understandably people in proximity didn't hang around to confirm

Certainly looks like WP from the photograph, irrespective of false reports that Israel have used WP on areas populated by civilians.

What is the escalation from use of WP and cluster bombs though and how far would Israel be prepared to take this? Defoliants (Napalm)? Mild (irritant) chemical agents? A fuel-air explosive (are we allowed to say thermobaric here)?

Whatever happens, I wouldn't want to be a Palestinian.