Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

IDF shoot 60-2,000 wounded.

@Oddbod and @Bravo_Bravo: take your squabble elsewhere.

Oh, dear...

1527033755650.png

Funny how the media appear almost disinterested unless it's the "murderous yids" doing the alleged repression...

A bit like some broken brained Arrsers.

Proportion: something completely lacking in the media when it comes to the Israel Palestinian conflict.

6543609A-6384-4FE7-B10D-CBB90D54470E.jpeg

Last edited:
Whatever Schmuck go fellate BB
You don't really follow this thread, do you? Do provide a post where I have shown him some support. Oh and while you're at it snowflake, still waiting for your proof about me lying. You've had a long time to provide it now. It's almost as if you are the liar.

You don't really follow this thread, do you? Do provide a post where I have shown him some support. Oh and while you're at it snowflake, still waiting for your proof about me lying. You've had a long time to provide it now. It's almost as if you are the liar.

You will know that @Goldbricker can't have a reasoned debate or conversation and that he is a totally humourless, inward-looking and immature individual. If you really want to engage him, ask him something obscure about US military equipment, part numbers of US kit, length of gun barrels or similar - although I doubt that you do. It just shows that wandering around Iraq all tooled-up does not make anyone an expert on affairs in the Middle East....

FWIW a friend of mine occasionally lurks on ARRSE.

He is Jewish, ex- British army, and has family and friends who live in Israel and have served in the IDF. He was directed to this thread and mentioned it to me the other weekend.

He is a very smart cookie and knows that the political situation is complex, that the IDF do make mistakes and that Hamas do all they can to provoke a response from the IDF. His comments were along the lines of "it's nice to see that not everyone hates the Israelis and thinks the poor old palestinians are hard done by", but there are a lot of people who were talking out of the ARRSEs about the realties of the situation.

Oh yes, he also said that Banker is....what was the term? Sounded like a willy wonka IIRC...

The hate to Israel come from EU establishment. Now when they lost some very lucrative deals in Iran, they are mad of hatred

Dutch parody of Nettas Toy causes furor over hints of anti-Semitism

Performing her rendition of the Israeli winner's Eurovision Song Contest song, the comedian Sanne Wallis de Vries implied during her version on her new show that the US’s opening of its new embassy in Jerusalem was yet another way to make money. It's

De Vries sung the chorus against a background of recent violence on the Gaza border during riots that were held the same day as the embassy’s opening. Other images also featured in the background, with the upbeat song contrasting with images of Israel’s security barrier, IDF vehicles and scenes from last week’s deadly riots on the Gaza border.

In the parody, the words of the song, which focus on female empowerment, were changed to:

Look at me, I am such a cute country,

World leaders all eat out of my hand

I make all fires disappear with a kiss,

We are having a party, you wanna come?

Soon in the Al-Aqsa mosque, which will soon be empty

From Haifa to the Dead Sea, there is kosher food and drink

So come and dance with me.

Is your country surrounded by rock-throwers?

Build walls like Trump dreams about at night and fire rockets at them

Look how wonderfully I fire explosives

Again, Israel is winning

70 years of this celebration is continuing, look how wonderful it is.

I won’t allow Palestinians to enter

I am a tough dog who chases Palestinians

This is my party and this is my time to shine

Was your party ruined by extremists?

Open another embassy and make more dollars and cents.

Following the skit, the organization's members confronted the comedian on Twitter and wrote: “Hi Sanne, we heard your parody and the Israeli song at the Eurovision with the jokes about Jews and money. How funny!”

Other Dutch Twitter users expressed their disgust for the comedian in less sarcastic terms. “You’re a disgusting person,” wrote one of the people after the performance. “Now you have really been exposed,” wrote another. “You don’t have the courage to condemn Islam.”

“Is this what my taxes go on?” one enraged Twitter user asked. “Once again anti-Semitism has returned to the mainstream! How sad,” another complained.

The head of the snake is Germany

German daily draws outrage with ‘anti-Semitic’ image of Netanyahu at Eurovision

0120FF76-7E9A-4EDB-89F5-48C2F3AF38FB.png

A cartoon published on May 15, 2018, by German daily Süddeutsche Zeitung depicting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declaring 'next year in Jerusalem' with a missile adorned with a star of David in hand after Israel won Eurovision song contest. (Screen capture: Twitter)
Süddeutsche Zeitung editor-in-chief apologizes for publishing cartoon of PM holding missile decorated with Star of David, but cartoonist says he is not sorry

One of Germany’s main newspapers came under fire Tuesday for publishing a cartoon, regarded by some readers as anti-Semitic, depicting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu celebrating Israel’s Eurovision win while holding a missile adorned with a Star of David. The paper subsequently published an apology, but the caricaturist said the publication’s statement did not represent his views.

The Süddeutsche Zeitung, the largest German broadsheet daily, published the image on Tuesday as Israel faced criticism over its handling of protests initiated a day earlier on the Gaza border by the Hamas terror group, which openly seeks to destroy Israel.

On Saturday, Israeli singer Netta Barzilai won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Toy,” winning the Jewish state the right to host the 2019 competition, marking her win by exclaiming on stage: “Next year in Jerusalem!”

The German cartoon depicted Netanyahu in Barzilai’s dress and in military-style boots, while holding a missile emblazoned with a Star of David and with a speech bubble saying “next year in Jerusalem.” Some people said the sleeves of Netanyahu’s dress appeared to be drenched in blood or fire, although the pattern was similar to Barzilai’s Eurovision costume.

Behind Netanyahu, another Star of David replaced the letter “v” in the word “Eurovision.”

J
ewish reader Malca Goldstein-Wolf published an open letter on Facebook to the paper’s editors, decrying the “double standards” and “hypocrisy,” and demanding that Israel be permitted to celebrate its win of the musical contest “without being demonized.”

She wrote that Netanyahu praising Barzilai’s win was no different from German Chancellor Angela Merkel calling singer Lena after she won the 2010 Eurovision for Germany.

Following the outcry, the paper on Wednesday published an apology signed by editor-in chief Wolfgang Krach, saying that printing the cartoon — drawn by 85-year-old veteran caricaturist and journalist Dieter Hanitzsch — was a mistake.

The image “led to discussions within and outside the SZ editorial team,” Krach wrote. “The cartoonist Dieter Hanitzsch says that [by replacing the “v” with a Star of David] he only wanted to point out that the next ESC finale in 2019 is to be held in Jerusalem.

“Despite the caricaturist’s intention, one can understand the drawing differently and take it as anti-Semitic,” he added. “Its release was therefore a mistake for which we apologize.”

But the cartoonist himself contradicted that message, telling local Jewish website Jüdische Allgemeine that the apology didn’t represent him.

“That the editorial apologized is their business. I do not apologize,” Hanitzsch said, adding that the accusation that the drawing could be regarded as anti-Semitic “does not affect me. I did not mean it that way. I would like to be able to criticize Netanyahu’s policy, even as a German.”

Last edited:
. His comments were along the lines of "it's nice to see that not everyone hates the Israelis and thinks the poor old palestinians are hard done by", but there are a lot of people who were talking out of the ARRSEs about the realties of the situation.

Oh yes, he also said that Banker is....what was the term? Sounded like a willy wonka IIRC...

Its going to be a very painful experience for the Germans and French

The Spectator says, the Eurovision shows there is no popular hatred against Israel

Why this deluded affection for the Palestinians? | The Spectator

Rod Liddle

The worst entry for this year’s Euro-vision song contest was that vast cater-wauling aboriginal. I can’t remember her name, only that her performance convinced me still further that Australia might not, technically, be a part of Europe. But then I was a little worried by the winner too. The song ‘Toy’, sung by Israel’s Netta Barzilai, was easily the most musically imaginative in the contest and so probably deserved its victory. But the lyrics were the usual deluded, self-aggrandising victimhood rot. ‘I am a beautiful creature,’ she sang, despite fairly compelling evidence to the contrary, right there in front of our eyes. An energetic and likeable performer she may be, but I suspect we have unleashed a monster on the world, like that lachrymose bearded freak who won for Austria a few years back and then wouldn’t shut up for ages.

After the contest, Netta — who had nothing to do with the writing of the song — gibbered about ‘diversity’ in the manner of a Chatty Cathy doll programmed by the Guardian’s editorial board. Much as did last year’s winner, a Portuguese bloke everybody has fortunately forgotten about.

But then spewing out meaningless PC garbage is as important these days as having a decent song — which means that next year’s contest, which will be held in the rightful Israeli capital of Jerusalem, should be interesting viewing. Live From Golgotha, as Gore Vidal presciently put it.

This will cause problems, I’d suggest. Some countries — the Turkic alliance mainly, but probably also a few useful idiots from the civilised West — will most likely refuse to take part. The organisers might try to engineer a compromise in which Palestine is allowed to compete, and so we may be treated to some sweating, overweight Hamas bint in a sparkly dress, surrounded by artfully choreographed burning tyres, singing:

La la la lei lei lei lei!

Throw all the filthy Jews in the sea!

Kill them all, kill them all, inshallah!

Peace and diversity!

La la la lei lei lei! Intifada!

All set to a cheesy hi-NRG beat with a melody lifted from that stuff they play when belly-dancers are doing their thing in some noisome fly-blown Arab whoretrap. Yes, I can’t wait either.

Do not underestimate, though, the kudos acquired by Israel in winning the contest. It probably comes third in the list of things Israel wanted this year: an end to the nuclear deal with Iran, the US embassy relocated from lovely, liberal Tel Aviv to the real capital, conservative Jerusalem. And third, the imprimatur of millions and millions of exceedingly camp Eurovision fans. It is truly an excellent riposte to the hyperbolic shrieking from the pro-Palestinian BDS brigade across our continent.

There is no real animus against Israel among ordinary Europeans, not even among the liberal pro-LGBTQI hordes who turn out to vote for the Eurovision Song Contest. Don’t forget, the contest has shown people do vote according to local and indeed international politics. But they had no problem in voting for Netta. They did so because it was probably the best song in the contest and she was appealing, in an odd kind of way.

The public, even the Eurovision public, knows best. It is not obsessively anti-Semitic, even if it lapses into a kind of casual, millennial anti-Semitism from time to time. Under BDS, Netta would not be allowed to perform in the UK. They are clear about that, these fascists — no Jews! As it happens, I’m marginally in favour of that standpoint with regard to Netta, but only because I think she might become fabulously irritating. Like a sort of moronic Björk, puffed up full of herself and without very much in the way of talent, bless the girl.

Meanwhile, the Palestinians are having their week of rage again, thousands congregating at the border fences. This was more to do with the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem (i.e. the capital city of Israel) than the Eurovision Song Contest result —though there might have been a few among the querulous hordes insisting that Lithuania (my favourite) was robbed. Or more likely, it was the injunction by Hamas that protesters should storm the border fence, a statement given little publicity by the British media, which concentrated instead on telling us that lots of Palestinian ‘children’ had been shot by Israeli security forces. They are children when they are Palestinian. They are violent young men when they try the same business anywhere else.

This was very far from the peaceful demonstration that the Palestinians — and most of the western media, particularly the BBC — insisted it was. Stuff was set on fire. The young men hurled rocks and fired catapults at soldiers and civilians. They had been warned not to do so through countless leaflet drops by the Israelis. I would have preferred the Israelis to use CS gas and rubber bullets — hey, call me a liberal — against these insurgents, or maybe just to have broadcast ‘Toy’ over and over again to the jihadis.

But the reporting of the stand-off does enormous discredit to the western media, imbued as it is with a misplaced sentimental affection for the Palestinians. It was the same when Israel fired rockets at Iranian positions in Syria — scarcely a mention of the rocket attacks that had provoked that response.

And indeed when the leader of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, delivered himself of the usual grotesquely anti–Semitic comments during a three-hour rant in Ramallah recently. Again, hardly reported. And it wasn’t reported for the simple reason that the views of Abbas, which are shared by an enormous proportion of Palestinians and are considered pretty moderate by Hamas, do not fit into the convenient assumption of western liberals that the Palestinians are not remotely anti-Semitic at all, they just want peace, my frent. A magnificent delusion.

Last edited:
The hate to Israel come from EU establishment. Now when they lost some very lucrative deals in Iran, they are mad of hatred

View attachment 335518
A cartoon published on May 15, 2018, by German daily Süddeutsche Zeitung depicting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declaring 'next year in Jerusalem' with a missile adorned with a star of David in hand after Israel won Eurovision song contest. (Screen capture: Twitter)

Difference being that Mossad won't be dropping in to top the cartoonist.

View attachment 335518

You're upset by cartoons??