• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ideological Brainwashing of British Youth?

Does your school receive any state funding?

It does receive state funding as well as being fee-paying. The revenue is used for scholarships - academic and sports - for boys from 'disadvantaged backgrounds'. The entrance exam is open to all and those who wish to apply for a scholarship tick the box - this can be full or partial. The Primary schools are usually instrumental in encouraging boys forward as their parents tend to lack the foresight (aka couldn't give a damn). They are usually quite bright and the intent is to break the cycle of dependency by giving them a decent education in a supportive environment. Tax payers money is used to benefit the offspring of non, never have and never likely to be - taxpayers.

It does receive state funding as well as being fee-paying. The revenue is used for scholarships - academic and sports - for boys from 'disadvantaged backgrounds'. The entrance exam is open to all and those who wish to apply for a scholarship tick the box - this can be full or partial. The Primary schools are usually instrumental in encouraging boys forward as their parents tend to lack the foresight (aka couldn't give a damn). They are usually quite bright and the intent is to break the cycle of dependency by giving them a decent education in a supportive environment. Tax payers money is used to benefit the offspring of non, never have and never likely to be - taxpayers.
....... hopefully turning them into productive members of society and new tax-payers!

....... hopefully turning them into productive members of society and new tax-payers!
That's the plan!!

However after a gossip in the staff room last week about who went on to do what, a large number of former students have become involved in politics - all Labour. Also lots of teachers, Police and Army - must have been the rigour and discipline of a Catholic education ????

Well maybe these new Labour (not "New Labour") politicians will be more in the mould of Frank Field than Ed Balls. I've always thought that Frank Field has a lot of common sense.

I was brainwashed by some leggy, good looking WRAC at the recruiting centre into joining the Sigs instead of the Engineers.
With twelve weeks basic training under my belt I couldn't wait for phase 2 trade training, all this in the hope of being surrounded by babes to take my pick from.

The wait was greatly disappointing i can tell you!

I was brainwashed by some leggy, good looking WRAC at the recruiting centre into joining the Sigs instead of the Engineers.
With twelve weeks basic training under my belt I couldn't wait for phase 2 trade training, all this in the hope of being surrounded by babes to take my pick from.

The wait was greatly disappointing i can tell you!
Should've gone for the Int Corps then!

Latest Threads