Identity

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Unknown_Quantity, May 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Why has someone taken the name Armourer, leaving the Armourer that we all know and love to using armorer-1, and why is someone other than I wandering around the wiki as Unknown Quantity?

2. Similar thing for me. I made one set of edits and it shows up as tubbyboy, then noticed it only showed my IP address. Tried to log in and it tells me that I have the wrong password. I haven't even registered on wiki!

3. no one copyed me :-(

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You're the MOD so you tell us. :wink:

5. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

It's a test, I already know the answer (honest), I just want to hear it from someone else :D

6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Unfortunately someone (I wonder who...) has been round and registered lots of users names on the wiki.
    If your ARRSE user name has been registered by someone else then please PM me. I will the change the email address to yours and you'll be able to get it to email you a new password. Thus you will reclaim(!) your username...

7. It's only going to be a real pain if the person using the same ID as someone on here starts posting unacceptable stuff on arrsepedia.

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I agree and we've been trying to figure out how to get round this but I think the solution that I've suggested above is the only workable one to allow you to 'reclaim' your name!

9. There are a striking number of apparently fake IDs on the User list. She really is a pain in the bum isn't she? I think it could easily be a 6th of the 273 registered users...

10. I'm now armourer on arrsepedia as well as here.

Thanks for that.