Identity of the Corps

Discussion in 'RLC' started by BlackbagWO, Jul 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What happened to the good old days when we could identify a soldiers Corps by the Cap Badge they wore. Now we have :

1. A Cap Badge
    2. A TRF
    3. A Corps Stable Belt

If this wasn't enough I have started to see more and more Rank Slides with RLC under the rank. Given the fact that when you arrive at some units you are required to buy another Stable Belt and another set of Rank Slides, the cost to the soldier soon mounts up.

I am all for Corps identity but I do resent having to keep forking out for kit I should be issued. When are the Corps going to get involved and say enough is enough and 3 forms of identification is more than plenty. If not has anyone got any ideas for some other stuff we can all purchase to make sure we stand out from the crowd?

2. Youre absoloutly on the button, chum. It's not in Corps dress policy and therefore shouldn't be worn. The TRF's etc are a firkin joke and only serve to remind everyone that the aspiration is to revert to the days of the RASC (hockle flob!!!) I notice that Tank Transporter badges are fashionable again too!!! I look forward to the day that I witness my first ever para commando qualified tank-transporter retrade to AT. Hopefully he/ she/ it will get posted to a regt where the CO's advocate those fuckin stupid name tags as well!

Making the soldiers pay for TRF's and Bde flashes is a fuckin joke, as is the name tags and to top it all off they are quite happy to walk about with (and pay for) RLC embossed rank slides.

As for your other suggestion, I have it on good authority that if we were to just wear a silly wig, boots that squeak when we walk, trousers that were broken in by the Land Whale (as mentioned in today I saw) and a big red nose - we wouldn't need all the other paraphinalia. Just a thought.............

3. They've been back in fashion since 2005-06 when permission was given for those serving at 16 and 19 Tk Tptr Sqn to wear them. I don't now, as I'm not serving there. I also didn't get my blokes to follow some peoples idea of making a fashion statement on Ops, and wearing them on deserts. The 'big fooking truck' was enough to show what Corps we belong to.

4. It was the great intention that we would all become one with no trade or unit specific identifiers! I miss being able to wear my ensigns from 17 P&M and I know a couple of pioneers who have embroidered a green and red to the insides of collars and behind rank slides.

Hey ho I'd best get back to sewing on my new bde flashes and picking off the old ones!

5. "As for your other suggestion, I have it on good authority that if we were to just wear a silly wig, boots that squeak when we walk, trousers that were broken in by the Land Whale (as mentioned in today I saw) and a big red nose - we wouldn't need all the other paraphinalia."

And the theme from the Muppet Show as the Corps march. Roll on the good times.......

6. It's a pity the "Big fooking trucks" were ferrying port-a-loos and not "Big fooking tanks!"

7. Identity of the "CORPS" ?? Quite simple really since there is only one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

8. Knob off SPAM!!!!!!

9. Erm... are you talking to me?

10. Them port-a-shiters didn't move themselves you know. Did it not give you a sense of satisfaction in that you were contributing to the effort to allow soldiers a reasonable place to shit? It was also demonstrating the versitility of the trade and vehilce capabilities. Who needs 3 skip trucks when a HET can shift the same amount .

Tanks were so last year anyway. ISOs and DPs, now you're talking.

11. You know what I think he is

12. You know what I think I am too!

13. Well nice to meet you! ;-)

14. And you big lad. There may be only 1 Corps in the US but over here there are many, we just don't all have as much pride in ours as you guys.:)

15. Aren't you forgetting the shoulder titles that used to be de rigeur? And the cravats?