Identifying Regiment

• Thread starter Deleted 60082
  • Start date
D

Deleted 60082

Hi - just a quick RFI from ARRSErs. I was in a European city yesterday and I saw a Colonel (red collar tabs and beige tie) dashing past in light/dark green tartan trews and a greenish jersey. What Regiment is he 'Late' of? I'm ex RAF so unless it's synthetic, I have no idea on Regimental fabrics...

DITA

MIA
Possibly Royal Regiment of Scotland, althgough they binned the Trews a while ago I believe.

But which RSM is going to dare tell a Colonel he's incorrectly dressed?

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Most cavalry regiments wear odd looking wooly pullies.
My bold. But none wear tartan trews. My guess would be a bn of RRS. Or else the red-tab does whatever he did pre-amalgamation (wasn't a Scottish regiment light infantry?) and there is nobody to grip him.

Or, what was said while I was typing, then editing the autocorrect that doesn't have a Scooby.

2/51

LE
Would hazard Royal Regiment of Scotland if in all green tartan trews. The jumper is a sort of Lovat Green

officers-snco-woolen-jersey-4534-p[ekm]150x142[ekm].jpg

$_35.JPG

They normally come joined in the middle ;)

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi - just a quick RFI from ARRSErs. I was in a European city yesterday and I saw a Colonel (red collar tabs and beige tie) dashing past in light/dark green tartan trews and a greenish jersey. What Regiment is he 'Late' of? I'm ex RAF so unless it's synthetic, I have no idea on Regimental fabrics...

I'm guessing you were in Vienna. RRS.

Used to live opposite a KOSB Major, who wore Leven (Leslie tartan) trews and a dark green woolly pully. He's probably out now, though...

D

Deleted 60082

I'm guessing you were in Vienna. RRS.
Sadly, not Vienna; so probably Royal Regiment of Scotland? Just interested. If I had had a chance, I would have stopped and chatted to him - but sadly didn't. Ther ewas quite a lot of pointing and sniggering from my foreign colleagues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads