Identifying load vests

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by happybonzo, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone identify the possible country of origin for this. I received this email from a friend today.

Any ideas?

I told my pal that I thought the item in the base looked like an **** probe because I am told that Paint ballers are anally retentive but that didn't go down very well :lol:

Attached Files:

2. First guess would be a copy of the SA vest modified for paintballing, the two tube pockets on the back look like the sort i've seen paintballers wearing around their waists, when I've been on stag doos
  3. Sounds like the South African vest, or at least modelled on it. It's a common design for cheap vests, and whilst the original is supposed to be good the reproductions can be somewhat dodgy.

4. That's a genuine SADF vest. Possibly 32 Batt. issue and quite rare. They're supposed to be more valuable than the Nutria Brown version but I've not found that to be the case.

The 2 large side pockets are for their 2 litre waterbottle and the horizontal rear pockets may be for mortar bombs but I'm not convinced. Mag and grenade pockets on the front as suspected.

Ask Cutaway, he seems to be up on South African kit.