Identifying a "WALT"

Hello chaps, my parents were befriended a few years back by a chap who claimed to be ex "them", i'm an ex matelot now a copper and always had my suspicions, especially when i learned he apparently had the MM plus a few others (sh*tloads of gongs in fact).
How could i prove he was bogus without making waves or going through official channels? Cheers 'gents

Search for him in the London Gazette.

Do you have his army number! The gazette search isn't 100%. sometimes it dosnt return on just a name!

But if he was awarded a MM it will be announced there

Hello chaps, my parents were befriended a few years back by a chap who claimed to be ex "them", i'm an ex matelot now a copper and always had my suspicions, especially when i learned he apparently had the MM plus a few others (sh*tloads of gongs in fact).
How could i prove he was bogus without making waves or going through official channels? Cheers 'gents
Unless he's trying to diddle your parents out of their savings why bother. I'll admit Walt threads are entertaining, usually just before they implode, and sometimes the pretender has caused some genuine offence (as with the most recent one), but I'd have to have a pretty good personal reason for going to the trouble of unmasking some sad geezer who's doing no real harm. And if he's genuine it's going to be you that looks foolish, probably foolish and injured actually.

Ancient Mariner - check your PMs.

You aren't daffy duck.

There I said it. And SeanBean is a lying cunt of the highest order.

I was third on the balcony, not him, next to andy mcnab and chris ryan's dad.

You aren't daffy duck.

There I said it. And SeanBean is a lying cunt of the highest order.

I was third on the balcony, not him, next to andy mcnab and chris ryan's dad.

No no no, you're all wrong, it was Lewis Collins:

In 1982 he auditioned for the role of James Bond but his audition was deemed "too aggressive".[2] His best-known role outside The Professionals is that of SAS officer Captain Peter Skellen in the 1982 film Who Dares Wins. He subsequently applied to join the SAS but was rejected due to his fame despite passing the entrance tests.[3] His preparation for the film gave him a passion for guns, and in 1981 he was fined £300 after discharging a shotgun in his living room.[4] In 2002, after a tip-off from his estranged father, police searched his house in Chalfont St Peter, discovering machine guns, pistols, shotguns and ammunition.[4] Collins hadn't lived at the house for several years and was not charged over the matter.[4]

Lewis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here we go again. It's like groundhog day.

Here we go again. It's like groundhog day.

Ba da boom tsh.

Latest Threads