Identify these medals

R

really?_fascinating

Yes.

Tiny pic looks like UN Cyprus and GRANBY medal - cannot tell if has bar or not

UN Cyprus, looks like bar is present.

Isn't that a bit unusual to see the Cyprus medal first, before GRANBY?

How do you know? If the recipient served in Cyprus in 1989 and then served in GW1 then it would be the UN medal first. Medals (excepting gallantry) are worn in the order of being awared.
I stand corrected, I had it in my mind for some reason that uk took precidence must have mixed it up with Gallantry. Not that I have any gallantry medals mind.

There are several threads on here that go into far greater detail than I ever wanted to know...

Even the Regi tailor of my brother (RLC *spit*) got it wrong. Order is roughly: Gallantry, All Campaign, UN, NATO medals recognised by HM in the order they were awarded, LS&GC, the various Jubilee gongs and then any awarded by foriegn states (with HM permission: sometimes permission is given to wear them all the time, sometimes only when a dignitary of that nation is present) (I'm not to sure about LS&GC vs Jubilee as I was never eligible for the former).

There are several threads on here that go into far greater detail than I ever wanted to know...

Even the Regi tailor of my brother (RLC *spit*) got it wrong. Order is roughly: Gallantry, All Campaign, UN, NATO medals recognised by HM in the order they were awarded, LS&GC, the various Jubilee gongs and then any awarded by foriegn states (with HM permission: sometimes permission is given to wear them all the time, sometimes only when a dignitary of that nation is present) (I'm not to sure about LS&GC vs Jubilee as I was never eligible for the former).
Jubilee in date order of award BEFORE Long Service medals (incl ACSM)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
engee Medals 16
chillsjag Medals 44
B Medals 13