Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification of WINDPROOF Trousers

Crow
Hi, I recently acquired a pair of DPM windproof trousers and was just wondering if anyone could shed a little light on them? They are 95 pattern ripstop windproofs, so I would assume they’re a trial pair? The label states TROUSERS, COMBAT WINDPROOF, WOODLAND DP and they feature the Velcro side pockets and cuffs. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Hi, I recently acquired a pair of DPM windproof trousers and was just wondering if anyone could shed a little light on them? They are 95 pattern ripstop windproofs, so I would assume they’re a trial pair? The label states TROUSERS, COMBAT WINDPROOF, WOODLAND DP and they feature the Velcro side pockets and cuffs. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Did the advert for them say ‘Para/Cdo/Cadet/SAS?

They’re gen.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Cheers

May I be the first to venture the opinion that what you have purchased are TROUSERS, COMBAT WINDPROOF, WOODLAND DP and they feature the Velcro side pockets and cuffs.

I would also offer the opinion that you are odd, albeit I probably won't be the first to do so.

Cheers
If they have a skid mark, egg banjo stain and old mars bar wrapper in the pocket their mine.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
May I be the first to venture the opinion that what you have purchased are TROUSERS, COMBAT WINDPROOF, WOODLAND DP and they feature the Velcro side pockets and cuffs.

I would also offer the opinion that you are odd, albeit I probably won't be the first to do so.

1603310308569.png

Cheers
Do you need them to keep wind out or stop it escaping?

We knead to no.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was once issued MTP windproof trousers for operation certain death. Slightly heavier and stiffer so presumably tighter weave than normal green pyjamas. Never wore them but I suppose the thought was there to complement a smock.

Advertise as SAS issue and enjoy the beer tokens.

Sounds similar to the issue windproof trouser I had for the Arctic.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
And they aren't windproof. I once cleared a 24 x 18 tent after a night on the CBS and Curry..... :oops: ;)

'someone' needs to visit the shart thread

anglo

LE
Cheers
They were produced in a factory in Wolverhampton on the 1 June 12012,
the were cut out by a bloke named Alf and stitched together by his best mate Bert,
Packaged by a bird called Betty, HTH

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sounds similar to the issue windproof trouser I had for the Arctic.
If I'm honest, I think they are over-trousers you wear over normal combats, and thus never to be worn in anger.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
They were produced in a factory in Wolverhampton on the 1 June 12012,
the were cut out by a bloke named Alf and stitched together by his best mate Bert,
Packaged by a bird called Betty, HTH

and delivered by Dr Who I expect