Identification of old rifle

Gents, could anyone shed some light on this rifle for me?

Its not from a dealer, some drunken old farmer in the Ukraine keeps it in his shed. Would like to know if it is collectable and to offer the old bloke a half decent price if it is.

Cheers!

A Daisy BB rifle from the US of A??

edited to add;

Sorry, is it a single shot rifle? Does the action break etc?

Are you working just from a photo or have you handled it youreself?

Photo at the moment, my boss took them. The old geezer swears blind its British from the Crimean war, i highly doubt it but you never know.

If it's from the Crimea it might even be Naval, as there were small raids/landing/sabotage parties.

Not sure whether rifles were their thing at that time, or whether matelots would still have been more comfortable with cutlasses.

Doesn't look like anything British military. Probably a cheap Belgian/ European trade shotgun or garden gun. Maybe a Flobert.

Looks a bit like these:

well, a cheap and shitty version anyway...

I think it's a German Army long barreled flare gun, The action most certanly is and I think some were made to fire a small granade only I can't remember the number but they were made by HEBAL from the 1880s

This looks like a mid to late 19th century American rifle. It had a similar 6 cylinder thingy to a Colt pistol.

The only reason I know this was because I was given a soft pellet type one (fired with plastic caps) as a present in the early 70s.

As you can guess I'm not very weapon technical :)

Tropper is right to a point, that's a Hebel Model 1894 flaregun action & breech and it looks like it's been "Bastardized" into firing .410 or 20 bore with a clamp/screw on homemade Butt.

I can't really see it being left to shoot it's original calbre as that would be around 4 Bore!

Though it's possibly a brazed 12 Bore insert, but if I was being sane about it i'd not bother as the pressures involved would mean a faceful of solder and shrapnel after about 20 rounds...

Blue/GreenJob said:
Tropper is right to a point, that's a Hebel Model 1894 flaregun action & breech and it looks like it's been "Bastardized" into firing .410 or 20 bore with a clamp/screw on homemade Butt.

I can't really see it being left to shoot it's original calbre as that would be around 4 Bore!

Though it's possibly a brazed 12 Bore insert, but if I was being sane about it i'd not bother as the pressures involved would mean a faceful of solder and shrapnel after about 20 rounds...
The only one I've seen with a long barrel was a WW1 German Air Force signal / flare launcher for signaling aircraft to land ect. but that didn't have a butt