Ideas for Day Sack

Just wondered if any one knows of the best daysack to purchase.. asked around at my unit and told loads of different ones, would love some suggestions

S

swampmonster

I bought a Vanguard one..you can fit issue side pouches and it rolls down to almost nothing to fit in your bergan...had it while now and it seems quite robust..so far. :)

The MOLLE (US quick attachment system) style versions are pretty good, strong, will accept a camel pak and you can attach just about anything to them :-D

Dirtyfilthymech said:
msr said:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Daysack
The links are out of date!
Then update them - that's the point of the wiki ;)

er - why do you need one, you aren't doing anything for the next 6 months. Try Ebay for all the TA who are selling their kit, it will be a lot cheaper than buying new.

Why dont you hold off, see how many are advertised on Ebay over the next 5- :? months. Sure as shit folk will be punting their kit to get cash for hobby no 2

Or you can buy mine instead :x

I just bought a NI Patrol Pack on ebay, £35 with a daysack cover thrown in.

In realy good nic, and daysack cover is brand new.

Heard loads of great reveiws and size wise its ideal.

GhillieTheKid said:

They are only £32 from the man at Q&M...

msr said:
GhillieTheKid said:

They are only £32 from the man at Q&M...
Thought they were only £22.80

I got a Highlander NI Clone (Olive Green) earlier in the year. Very good for hill walking and holds all my gold panning equipment with ease. To tell the true I have only used it twice for TA stuff!
There is no point in spending loads'sa'money on some thing you will use once in a blue moon.

GhillieTheKid said:

Size wise ideal for what? Certainly not ideal for operations unless conducting a short standing patrol.

craigd said:
Camelbak Motherlode... by far and away the Daddy of Day Sacks. About £150 though.
On the Camelbak note, I suggest the BFM 500. Tons of space, relatively affordable, quite comfortable with body armour, a lot of good smaller pouches, and I found that the quality of construction can definitely withstand Afghan wear and tear - quite a pounding, in fact. Comes with a hydration reservoir, so money saved.

Add a pouch like this one to your body armour - you can transfer your camelbak bladder to it when you're not taking the daypack, and you don't notice it when it's empty.

PS: If you have more money, look out for some of the new packs specifically designed to be worn over body armour.