Idea...

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Wargasm, Nov 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had an idea... dangerous I know...

Would it be possible to have a board for 'joining' and then seperate forums for RCB, Sandhurst, Phase 1 etc. At 18 pages for RCB and 10 pages for Sandhurst it's getting a bit long to keep up with and I think good points and questions are being missed. Also, it could be a focus for all that type of chat so it wouldn't clog up the other boards.

Would this be possible MODs?

If it's a rubbish idea then just let me know and I'll get my coat but, as quoted from a great movie "if you build it they will come".

Thoughts?

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The advantage of asking questions about induction, RCB, training etc in the more general forums is that you are asking an audience of people who have some experience of what you're asking. I doubt many Arrsers read all of the forums - I don't - and many probably wouldn't bother to read forums specifically targetted at the different phases of recruitment and training that you are describing. The consequence is that you would likely be getting advice from a much smaller group of worthwhile 'responders' - the people who have the knowledge and experience you are seeking - rather than individuals in the same boat that you are.

3. You'll get us a bad name!

4. Point taken. As I said, just an idea that I thought was worth mooting. I didn't think about the imput of the more experienced individuals which is why people ask the questions in the first place! Yes, I am an idiot!

As for Evilone, why don't you change your avatar to an ostrich with it's head in the sand if that's your attitude to people having new ideas. A wise Yoda my arrse, tw@.

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Now now wargasm, play nicely or chances are with 6 posts to your name you'll get slapped about a bit by those who've been around a bit.

6. Hmmm... I don't follow your logic woopert. If I should keep my head down because I've only put up 6 posts then does that mean that there is a hierachy of arssers? When can I play with the big boys? 100 posts? More?

7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

8 posts.

8. Some folks believe that number of posts is important in some ethereal other-worldly kind of way.

Perhaps Woops just meant that everyone's opinions are valid, regardless of whether you believe them to be.

Welcome to ARRSE, by the way. Play nice, you big boys.

9. Ok, sorry for snapping.

So that's a no then for the forum idea!?

(P.S. 7 posts now, 1 more then playtime!)

10. I really cannot count.

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

OK, off you go and play... but play nicely.