Idea for Olympics

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by intergeri, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Idea for Olypics: Scrap it.

Edited to add: I looked at the links AFTER I suggested scrapping the whole White Elephant that it doubtless is........ but now I'm not so sure. I think you may be onto something here.....
  2. It can't be scrapped.Think of the 'Legacy Effect'...............

Is that tumbleweed blowing through the Olympic Village? Saw something a while ago about the Stadia in Athens.All deserted and hardly been used since.
  3. But they'd look so much older just wearing bikini bottoms surely?
  4. What an absolutely shite vault! Her arms weren't even close to straight and her take off lacked conviction!
  5. Is that people in this country 300 years for now still paying for 2012? :)
  6. For 2012 we need events that the common person can understand. My suggestions are we go for gold in dogging, spidermaning and teen knife crime.
  7. The legacy effect....

Debt increased because of the event in 2012.
    Debt increased because of the forced movement of various businesses and homes.
    more debt

an international drubbing by better atheletes that don't cost as much as ours.

debt to "rejuvenate" the areas that are left to rot....

We'd be better of investing in more sports facilities in schools, and rejuvinating school sports teams and competition....
  8. Ahh the Olympics, overbudget and behind schedule and it is still considered a success.
  9. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Legacy effect? Like building an expensive shooting range and then spending a lot more to pull the whole thing down.
  10. At least the Olympic legacy will be useful

Nice modern facilities , with links to the rail and tube, ideal for MP's 'on-site' accommodation, thus saving the British tax payer millions in expenses for second homes and unreceipted expenses.

or is that too easy ......
  11. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

In your dreams!

Do you really think that these scum who have just creamed their hands again (all of them regardless of party) while trying to have squaddie compensation reduced, will ever give up screwing the public?
  12. wah dar not working Ancienturion?
  13. Can I propose, head butting the shot and chest catching the javelin.