Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi everyone. I am taking back my application form tommorow and I have a problem. Somehow (even to my amazement) I've managed to lose most of the ID that the sheet I was given asks me to bring. I have lost; My NI Number Card, My GCSE Results and my Birth certificate. I don't have a passport. The only ID I have is my Provisional driving licence and my NHS card.

    How much of a problem is this going to be?
  2. Have you got a wage slip or P45/46 that will have your NI number as for GCSE's dunno mate try your school for a copy and you can get a copy of your birth certificate from your town hall records department.
  3. Yes i have a wage slip mate, shall take one of those in with me. Will also get on the phone to my town of births town hall in the morning and try and get a replacement birth certificate sent to me.
  4. You'll have to get them from the Examining boards, and the cnuts will charge you.
  5. ahh, i'll contact them in the morning as well then.
  6. I never shown my gcse's to anyone...they looked it up...I did take my nvq certs in though so I dont know!
  7. ahh well i have just been on my examining boards website. I can apply for them to send a letter confirming my results to the AFCO. going to cost me £25 which is facking ridiculous but if it helps my application move forwards it must be done.
  8. Will they actually check your GCSE results? It was 16 years ago since I left school if I just put down E's and F's will they actually check them out?