ID this dog for me

Hi troops,
I'm just back from my holidays (yes, it was great thanks!), but while we were away my wife and kids found a dog which they fell for and now they'd like me to buy one just like it.

I thought it might be a Sheltie or something similar, but I'm at a loss as to what it is (or even if it is an actual breed rather than a mongrel), so if anyone here could help I'd be most gratefull.

Cheers
T_T

Attachments

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
looks like there was a golden retriever and a german shepherd dog in the woodpile at the very minimum. ;)

It's a gay dog

ringdoby said:
It's a brown one.

Is that taxi for me? already?
Nope, it's definitely ginger. Trust me, I'm an expert on this.

It's a Heinz job.

Get down to your nearest RSPCA/Dogs Trust and am sure they'll fall in love with at least one dog there too.

My personal preference has been to avoid the recognised breeds - as by design, they all have problems bred in them - for problems, read vet bills.

Good luck!

Yup got two mongrels 1x fell terrier (pikey breed)15 and a lurcher13 both now into old age and pretty much no problems with dont forget pet insurance though bills can be a bastard

The_Snail said:
ringdoby said:
It's a brown one.

Is that taxi for me? already?
Nope, it's definitely ginger. Trust me, I'm an expert on this.
I'll bow down to your expertise on ginger "dogs".

hairy_Fairy said:
My personal preference has been to avoid the recognised breeds - as by design, they all have problems bred in them - for problems, read vet bills.
Our Insurance company would agree with you - thousands of pounds spent on our Westy, Haggis (£3.5k on 1 rear leg knee joint, the other is on its way out). Our other dog, a Westy/ Yorky mix is fecking unbreakable.

The Unbreakable Cookie, who's looks would have knicker gussets hitting the floor if I was single, and/or in a position to take advantage of this.

It is a dog, crack on.

And here was me thinking that this thread was going to be about Jordans latest reincarnation.. oh well...

Ref the mutt... deffo a Bitsa....

And as with the others, I agree... had a pedigree Lab that was the business but had more faults than a Toyota... but then the ex brought a Bitsa home and his head wiring was well and truly fried... so not all RSPCA/Dogs Trust mutts are perfect.. but get down to one of there places and choose one from there.. for a small amount you can have a friend that will love you and shit on your garden occasionally !

looks like a golden retriever - border collie cross to me. Best bet might be to check with the local adoption group.

Also a Golden rescue group might steer you to someone who got a surprise when the pups arrived. Good luck.

Note, I live in a neighborhood where Goldens seem to be the standard dog although I have always had Springers. You hear of good and bad in very breed but I have never heard of anyone getting a bad Golden. Nice dogs.

Note: you might want to repost on the ARRSE Kennel Club thread.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=90031/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

Lots of doggy types there

I would say it's bait used by cannibals. Sounds like your family were lucky.

Too much hair, you'll get through six vacuum cleaners a year. Have a Poodle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
the_rigger The NAAFI Bar 6
S The Intelligence Cell 1
A Sappers 6