ID this dog for me

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jul 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi troops,
    I'm just back from my holidays (yes, it was great thanks!), but while we were away my wife and kids found a dog which they fell for and now they'd like me to buy one just like it.

I thought it might be a Sheltie or something similar, but I'm at a loss as to what it is (or even if it is an actual breed rather than a mongrel), so if anyone here could help I'd be most gratefull.

Cheers
    T_T

Attached Files:

2. It's a brown one.

Is that taxi for me? already?

3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

And it,s called Jonah!!

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

looks like there was a golden retriever and a german shepherd dog in the woodpile at the very minimum. ;)

5. It's a gay dog

6. Looks a bit like a Sheltie to me.

And his name is Dave.

7. Nope, it's definitely ginger. Trust me, I'm an expert on this.

8. It's a Heinz job.

Get down to your nearest RSPCA/Dogs Trust and am sure they'll fall in love with at least one dog there too.

My personal preference has been to avoid the recognised breeds - as by design, they all have problems bred in them - for problems, read vet bills.

Good luck!

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Heinz 57 as above!

10. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Yup got two mongrels 1x fell terrier (pikey breed)15 and a lurcher13 both now into old age and pretty much no problems with dont forget pet insurance though bills can be a bastard

11. I'll bow down to your expertise on ginger "dogs".

Our Insurance company would agree with you - thousands of pounds spent on our Westy, Haggis (£3.5k on 1 rear leg knee joint, the other is on its way out). Our other dog, a Westy/ Yorky mix is fecking unbreakable.

[​IMG]

The Unbreakable Cookie, who's looks would have knicker gussets hitting the floor if I was single, and/or in a position to take advantage of this.

12. lunch for christmas and boxing day

13. It is a dog, crack on.

14. Half Corgi, half Jack Russell. Known as a 'Corpuscle.'

Coat here somewhere...