ID this dog for me

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jul 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi troops,
    I'm just back from my holidays (yes, it was great thanks!), but while we were away my wife and kids found a dog which they fell for and now they'd like me to buy one just like it.

I thought it might be a Sheltie or something similar, but I'm at a loss as to what it is (or even if it is an actual breed rather than a mongrel), so if anyone here could help I'd be most gratefull.

Attached Files:

2. It's a brown one.

Is that taxi for me? already?
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

And it,s called Jonah!!
  4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

looks like there was a golden retriever and a german shepherd dog in the woodpile at the very minimum. ;)
  5. It's a gay dog
  6. Looks a bit like a Sheltie to me.

And his name is Dave.
  7. Nope, it's definitely ginger. Trust me, I'm an expert on this.
  8. It's a Heinz job.

Get down to your nearest RSPCA/Dogs Trust and am sure they'll fall in love with at least one dog there too.

My personal preference has been to avoid the recognised breeds - as by design, they all have problems bred in them - for problems, read vet bills.

Good luck!
  9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Heinz 57 as above!
  10. Yup got two mongrels 1x fell terrier (pikey breed)15 and a lurcher13 both now into old age and pretty much no problems with dont forget pet insurance though bills can be a bastard
  11. I'll bow down to your expertise on ginger "dogs".

Our Insurance company would agree with you - thousands of pounds spent on our Westy, Haggis (£3.5k on 1 rear leg knee joint, the other is on its way out). Our other dog, a Westy/ Yorky mix is fecking unbreakable.

The Unbreakable Cookie, who's looks would have knicker gussets hitting the floor if I was single, and/or in a position to take advantage of this.
  12. lunch for christmas and boxing day
  13. It is a dog, crack on.
  14. Half Corgi, half Jack Russell. Known as a 'Corpuscle.'

Coat here somewhere...