ID the weapon ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Nov 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Air rifle with a .303 bayonet stuck on the end ? imitation firearm ?

Attached Files:

2. Dunno, bad photo but I used to have a .22 ruger carbine that size.

However, wtf is bayonet for?

3. It is a really bad photo, but the weapon looks a bit like the M1 Carbine. No idea how he fitted the bayonet if it is though. Gaffa tape?

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I am no expert and I defer to REME armourers, but I would guess it is a long gun with a knife stuck on the end in the hands of an baldy nutter.

The air con unit in the basement could have been more elegantly done. But other than that, I am clueless.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Looks a bit like Timothy Spall.

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

What, apart from the baldness and the complete lack of resemblance to Our Timmy? Are you on drugs?

timmypoos.jpg

7. Air con in 1970's London, that's a door.

8. Is for killing, and barbies.

Some WW2 Sov weapon with underslung bayonet??

9. As often as possible. Jarrod gets 'em for me.

10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

What all bayonets are for surely - toasting crumpets.

11. I'm no weapons buff and I'm probably wrong but on closer examination - see the butt - it looks a wee bit like an old Chinese or Soviet weapon with a fold away bayonet fully extended. As to why the guy needs a bayonet - good for close quarter work mate - especially in lower Manhattan right now!

Dook, the aircon is simply a window fan and it's in the servants quarters - so no worries!

12. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Could the piccie be slightly arched up (convex) and we're looking at an air rifle which has been broken open?

Or, since the right hand is blurred, did your man move his arm forwards while the shutter was open?

13. Im thinking maybe some sort of SKS with folding bayonet or mosin negant varient ? Where is the photo from ?

14. Poking up the fuzzy wuzzies

• Like Like x 2
  15. M1 Carbine, and a privet twig. Lethal combination.

• Like Like x 2