ID the weapon ?

Dunno, bad photo but I used to have a .22 ruger carbine that size.

However, wtf is bayonet for?

It is a really bad photo, but the weapon looks a bit like the M1 Carbine. No idea how he fitted the bayonet if it is though. Gaffa tape?

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
I am no expert and I defer to REME armourers, but I would guess it is a long gun with a knife stuck on the end in the hands of an baldy nutter.

The air con unit in the basement could have been more elegantly done. But other than that, I am clueless.

Looks a bit like Timothy Spall.

I am no expert and I defer to REME armourers, but I would guess it is a long gun with a knife stuck on the end in the hands of an baldy nutter.

The air con unit in the basement could have been more elegantly done. But other than that, I am clueless.

Air con in 1970's London, that's a door.

As often as possible. Jarrod gets 'em for me.

I'm no weapons buff and I'm probably wrong but on closer examination - see the butt - it looks a wee bit like an old Chinese or Soviet weapon with a fold away bayonet fully extended. As to why the guy needs a bayonet - good for close quarter work mate - especially in lower Manhattan right now!

Dook, the aircon is simply a window fan and it's in the servants quarters - so no worries!

Could the piccie be slightly arched up (convex) and we're looking at an air rifle which has been broken open?

Or, since the right hand is blurred, did your man move his arm forwards while the shutter was open?

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
I'm no weapons buff especially in lower Manhattan right now!
Hey Busterdog. How's tricks? How's your old Mum? Word to her.

A couple of minutes ago you had no weapons in the East End of London. Now you have no weapons in lower Manhattan.

Lets have a chat, shall we?

East End. We have a Russian spy in our midst. Lets burn the ******..JPG

Whatever it is, it doesn't look like its the correct bayonet for it. It might just be me' but it looks like the bayonet is at a different angle to the rifle?

Air rifle with a .303 bayonet stuck on the end ? imitation firearm ?
I think that's right, or as near as you'll get from the crappy photo.
The bayonet isn't parallel with the barrel and there seems to be a foresight absent.
No 4 spike bayonet maybe.