ID Patches for tour.

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Pal1984, Dec 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if anyone can help...

I am trying to find out the name for those patches to wear on tour with your zap number, blood group etc on one patch? we were told today to get hold of them for OH15. but noone knows the name for them. i can find blood group and NKA patches online. but not the combined ones... apologies if this is a bone question. Thanks
  2. Save your money, if they were compulsory then the MoD would pay for them.
  3. sew them together?
  4. When does that ever happen? Unfortunately that arguement will never stand up to a CSM.

Come on, I think you know that would look very silly indeed.

My advice is to go to Soldier of Fortune and invest a tenner. Hope this helps.
  5. This always happens, we are told to get hold of a particular item. Be it for an op tour, freedom parade, rememberance sunday. You'll always get one or two rebels who will refuse to comply and when the conversation of what they are going to say when asked why they haven't complied with the said request, they say something along the lines of "I'll tell him to fcuk off, they can't MAKE me pay for something!"
    Then comes the inspection the day before the event or the MRX, and the conversation goes as thus,
    " L/cpl swallocks, where is your TRF/arm flash/name tag blah blah blah?"
    "Err, I couldn't get one sir"
    "Well you best get one by tomorrow or you'll be lifting a barrier while we're all scoffing mince pies"

Cue much flapping and frantically searching the local surplus stores.

My rule, it may not be right but just roll over and capitulate, it's easier for everyone in the longrun.
  6. dont you mean 'RAF Regiment'?
  7. Call me a buff old traditionalist......but isn't that what 'dog tags' are for??
  8. I got back from H12 in October and the rules were constantly changing. Our unit invested quite a bit of reg subs in getting flashes made with the unit TRF and zap no on. We had zaps and blood groups written all over our kit and wore dog tags and MIST cards. Then we heard that the MERT teams would test for blood type on the chopper and would disregard any of the above as mistakes could be made. Then again we were also constantly getting word from Med Gp that people were getting bounced for not wearing dog tags. The goal posts are constantly shifting but my advice for anyone deploying would be to wear everything you can with blood gps and zaps on to be on the safe side.
  9. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

10. Just claim for them on JPA'. (Remember to keep the receipt.)

11. thanks mate... ill search for them now. and CC_TA ill see if we can claim for them too... everyone else... i can see where you are all coming from. but as a search team, i think everyone feels safer making sure they have the kit thats mentioned. This is my 1st tour. so i definatly want to make sure i get pumped with the right blood group if i get made a little shorter. but thanks everyone!
  12. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

To be fair mate, its just badge ally-ness and it keeps the bastion WO's off ya back.

You allways get a generous dose of AB+ I believe untill your tested back at the hospital.. (Medics comment?)

If you get one with your TRF and details on and one with your Brigade flash on you will only ever need 2 badges... the "Mate" shirts (UBACS) now have to display some rank... hence their name..

good luck with the JPA claim...... however Ican see the screen now.... "Get ta ****" will be displayed :)
  13. sorry i could'nt resist ....

i'll get my coat.