ID discs (dog tags)

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by LCL 0509, May 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are members of the TA also issued ID discs (dog tags)?

2. Yes?

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Only on Tuesday nights between 1900 and 2100 hrs.

If you want them outside of those hours, you need to buy them yourself. Make sure you get a spare set made up, complete with rubber edging and chain to wear with your issed green T Shirt down the pub.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DUke, you forgot to add the either 1. Well worn chain that is more a coppery bronze colour than silver, due to constant wear on ops, or 2. thin translucent platic piping over the chain to protect delicate skin!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. isued on the friday taken back to the stores on sunday :thumright:

6. That happens to other people? I always thought it was my ginger essence dissolving the metal.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. msr

msr LE

Or 3. Paracord with the inner string pulled out

8. Or 3. Chain threaded through a washed out length of para cord.

Beaten to it!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. All of the above - particularly useful if you're involved in something near by or on fire!

10. In the 70s on Banner they came with some really naff, thin green cord that was ideal for the purposes of self strangulation when asleep.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, you get issued them for tour. If issued beforehand retarded dullards lose them in a nano-second.

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If you really want some, you can have one of my spare sets. Change your name and religeon to match, and just hope that you are A Pos blood group.

I'm not A Pos, which is why I kept requesting a new set with the correct blood group. They kept sending me ones with A Pos on, so I have plenty going spare.

13. And taped together with black tape.