ID cards in 12 months time?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To be honest about time.

I never really understand the opposition to all this card stuff.

We already have driving licence card, passport, MOD 90, CSCS cards, etc etc.

Here’s a novel thought how about one card linked to a database with all the information? so we could have one card that covers everything, with government agencies working together off one really useful data base?

Or is that a bit too big brother ?

2. I am not carrying anything that has the fucking European Union flag on rather than our own Union Flag. Fortunately, I doubt I'll have to, because as with all Government projects, one year means five and one million means ten, and by that time the Tories will have scrapped it.

Will all soldiers, as "overseas workers", have to have them, or will the MOD 90 suffice?

3. How long will it take a National Newspaper to breech airside security...? Anyone for a book on this?

And How many Airside staff will turn out to be illegals?

Any other bets please!!

4. All their own research told them they weren't really needed, all opinion polls say they are not wanted and history has shown they can't control any data they get making an ID card useless anyway....

And yet this krap government are going to plough through all that and introduce them anyway.... at a cost of about £100 a go.

B4rs4rds!

5. Wasn't there and incident of this recently IIRC ?

Something about a convicted criminal, working air side in one of the UKs airports?

6. Exactly. Pointless, expensive and not British.
    Shite like this is just going to far.
    Is it not time Mr Brown and his collegues were encouraged to go for a walk in the woods?

7. If they want to give me one, then fair enough.

If they want me to pay for it they can fcuk off.

8. Well said that man, agree happy to have one without Euro stars all over it but to pay for it-On your bike!

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm sure I can make sure that anything they decide to give me will be worthless within minutes, I was a grunt you know, nothing survives a microwave oven! :wink:

10. I have a photocard driving licence
    I have a British Passport
    What legitimate need is there for me to carry a identity card? The government does not need any more data on me. I see no reason why I should have a EU identity card. I am not European, I am British and Gordon "the cnut" Brown will never change that, no matter what skulduggery he commits to make it so.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

When I moved house they eventually sent me a new driving license which had the papist logo on!
    I enmailed DVLA and told them it was discrimination and that I was removing the logo from mine. They it was an offence to deface the license.
    I said well you know where I live come an get me. It seems you can deface whatever you own as a right. It may become worthless but being stroppy refusniks has always been the backbone of British society, wake me up and eventually I'll fight you but once I have started I wont stop!

12. Bloody right !