ICS Professional Annual Conference

Rx'd a letter about this today, whats it like? A couple of supervisors I spoke to mentioned its a bit dull since it was taken over by the 'geeks' who want to actually work during the event. :D

Do civilian ICS firms have much input to these events?

Shag all thru to me are they inviting all Supervisory appt or just the select few?

You lot are taking the p1ss.

It's this one.

at least I got to page 2 of Google :D

polar said:
Rx'd a letter about this today, whats it like? A couple of supervisors I spoke to mentioned its a bit dull since it was taken over by the 'geeks' who want to actually work during the event. :D

Do civilian ICS firms have much input to these events?
My bold

They can actually party at these events when they get to CIVDIV. Believe me, even as an ex non supervisor type, some of these "events" can be outrageous :wink:

chris951 said:
You lot are taking the p1ss.

It's this one.

at least I got to page 2 of Google :D
AKA "SCP" or Supervisors Church Parade :D

I can definitely recommend a day out to the infosec show in London 22-24 April this year. Loads of exhibitors showcasing the latest in IT systems & security, but better than that is loads of free booze, loads of hotties wandering round, as many free pens as you can get your hands on (why not make a challenge of it with your colleagues??) and the chance of winning some hot gadgets, eg iPods etc.

http://www.infosec.co.uk/

best of all its free, all you need is you bosses approval, some train fares paid by the firm and you can even claim your lunch back!! w00t!!

:)

furq said:
I can definitely recommend a day out to the infosec show in London 22-24 April this year.
There's a great wee pub about 5 minutes walk away, football on the telly and all that. I'll meet you all there and we can get hammered.

PoisonDwarf said:
furq said:
I can definitely recommend a day out to the infosec show in London 22-24 April this year.
There's a great wee pub about 5 minutes walk away, football on the telly and all that. I'll meet you all there and we can get hammered.
Professional to the last as always!! 8O

monkeyspanker said:
timebandit said:
PoisonDwarf said:
furq said:
Professional to the last as always!! 8O
It's called "Networking"! :wink:
It's called something and "Networking" doesn't come into it!!! :p

timebandit said:
It's called something and "Networking" doesn't come into it!!! :p
You know the score mate, some people think that being professional involves being like a bloody robot and bringing in the fun police. To really achieve success you have to cast the net out, stimulate the social contacts and so on. Otherwise you end up one of those guys who has no one to call on when the chips are down. Networking is everything!

Networking is still alive and kicking, but these days it´s the alignment meetings where all the work gets done. A relaxed atmosphere and "sensible" amounts of alcohol is a great leveller :D

The "squaddie" amounts of alcohol kick in about 20 seconds after the last point has been done and dusted :twisted: