Iconic Cavalry Images

Considering the success of the Infantry iconic images it is time for those that bring colour, dash ,elan to what would otherwise be... etc etc

or

Cue scrambling of chaps in funny coloured trousers. Your thoughts, suggestions?

hairymonster1006 said:
Considering the success of the Infantry iconic images it is time for those that bring colour, dash ,elan to what would otherwise be... etc etc

or

Where is the SAMPSON that is supposed to towing it?

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru

The charge of the 4th and 12th Australian Light Horse Regiments at Beersheba, 31st October 1917.

Yes, I know, technically Mounted Infantry, not Cavalry.

The picture was taken by Trooper Eric Eliot, an artillery scout, who had ridden ahead and turned his camera on his comrades as they charged past him.

loaded_not_ready said:
hairymonster1006 said:

or

That broke down too :p :D

_Chimurenga_ said:

The charge of the 4th and 12th Australian Light Horse Regiments at Beersheba, 31st October 1917.

Yes, I know, technically Mounted Infantry, not Cavalry.

The picture was taken by Trooper Eric Eliot, an artillery scout, who had ridden ahead and turned his camera on his comrades as they charged past him.
Here is a re-enactment of same (pity about the big yellow JCB at the top of the picture!)

Apologies for the poor quality........

loaded_not_ready said:
hairymonster1006 said:

or

Is that a new vehicle? or do you mean Samson fella?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Years ago in the window of an antique shop in Kent - on a Sunday afternoon so it was shut - I saw a print entitled 'The Charge that Saved the Guns at Mons'. Anybody got any form on this? I tried the internet (plenty for the Gunners like 'Saving the Guns at Maiwand') but no luck on this one.