Iconic British Movie posters - Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by TheresaMay, Feb 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

As the title suggests, I am looking to try and track down a few of these.

In a nutshell, I'm running the Summer Ball this year, and to go along with the theme I'm trying to kit the place out with suitable decor - and had this really neat idea of trying to get hold of a few cinema posters of British Classics (Zulu, Carry On series, James Bond etc).

Obviously they don't need to be originals (seeing as they retail on eBay for around £200). But does anybody have any info on where I could maybe 'borrow' or acquire these?

I've thought of approaching the cinemas, but common sense tells me it's not something they'll keep hold of, and I'll probably not get much help from the stereotypical voice-breaking Simpsons-esque teenager on the front desk, should I decide to pay my local flick a visit.

I've thought of downloading the JPEG examples from Google Image searches and getting them blown up, at the expense of losing resolution, but if there's another way - I'm all ears.

I call on the collective experience and diversity of ARRSE users to see if there's anyone out there that can at least point me in the right direction.

2. **** that, see whats on Flickr, I just checked an obscure James Bond pic, was £315 for a full size print on licence for one month?
  3. Try the British Film Institute at their - 21 Stephen Street. London W1T 1LN address. As it's a loan, they may well be very receptive to supplying you with their stuff not located at their South Bank address. They have posters galore.
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Athenaposters.com might be worth a visit.
  5. Used to have 5 of these in the 60s,,gave them away,,except one.....

Attached Files:

• z.jpg
      File size:
      69.3 KB