Iceland becomes 10th nation to join UK-led Joint Expeditionary Force

Iceland has formally joined the Joint Expeditionary Force (JEF), the group of 10 northern European nations committed to upholding northern European security.

Continue reading...

Which is a pretty impressive increase to JEF capabilities as Iceland has no military forces.

Can bé used as a stop
follwed thé link and it mentioned , 10 countries but who?

snip...

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace and Iceland’s Ambassador to the UK Sturla Sigurjónsson today signed a Note of Joining that welcomes Iceland into the JEF alongside the UK, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden.

Which is a pretty impressive increase to JEF capabilities as Iceland has no military forces.

Iceland Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Development Cooperation Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson said:

We are pleased to be joining the JEF group of likeminded countries for a deeper regional consultation and cooperation on security and defence, as well as on possible coordinated civil emergency and humanitarian assistance.

Iceland looks forward to engaging in a more comprehensive strategic dialogue within JEF and an eventual contribution on a civilian basis.

Iceland has formally joined the Joint Expeditionary Force (JEF), the group of 10 northern European nations committed to upholding northern European security.

Continue reading...
Last time I was there- 1999 NATO EX Northern Viking it was impressed upon us that the US Army 27th Bde was the IDF Icelandic Defence Force. I think they also have a fisheries protection vessel but thats it

If we are leading them, I hope we are up to scratch.

snip...

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace and Iceland’s Ambassador to the UK Sturla Sigurjónsson today signed a Note of Joining that welcomes Iceland into the JEF alongside the UK, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden.
I bet the Russians are quaking in their big furry boots.

QRK2

LE
Hmm

1618993372678.png

Late 90s and I was a part of a team taking support staff through FRY PDT.

Amongst their number were a few Icelandic medical staff.

None of the females looked anything like that little sweetie.

*shiver*

Just the type to keep you blokes focused on the job instead of going all weak at the knees and soppy like.