Icebreaker since takeover

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Dannynuk, Apr 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I don't know, but I will give you a tip:

You are overthinking it. Your icebreaker is not a test, other than it allows you to demonstrate that you are able to stand in front of a few other people and string a semi coherent sentence together. You will not fail your common selection board because you have not prepared the most perfect answer for an ice breaker question.
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Have you practiced the answers to the questions you might be asked? Do you even know what they might be? Of course you don't because the person asking them has probably not even thought of the question yet - they will do so as they listen to your icebreaker.

Just speak as clearly and confidently as you can, and it will all go OK.
  3. From what my ACIO told me it is exactly the same. Important to prepare, as too many at my Pre-ADSC had no idea what to say. Though don't over do it, you will end up pressuring yourself and finding yourself at blankville.
  4. And for Christ's sake don't start your ice breaker with "ha ha"

Good luck by the way
  5. Not to say that it will be the same but when I was at Lichfield last year you don't really do your exact icebreaker, you speak about yourself for 30 secs then 1min 30secs on a random given topic (you get time to prep), just practice what you've been doing but be prepared to think on your feet.
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Actually, you can in some circumstances. If the bill is £10.00 and you leave a £1.00 tip, then you have given 110%!
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Depends if they use the same one, we went down the range which has two sharp turns and is quite muddy at one end, still got 10:11 tho :)