Icebreaker since takeover

The_Duke

LE
I don't know, but I will give you a tip:

You are overthinking it. Your icebreaker is not a test, other than it allows you to demonstrate that you are able to stand in front of a few other people and string a semi coherent sentence together. You will not fail your common selection board because you have not prepared the most perfect answer for an ice breaker question.

The_Duke

LE
Have you practiced the answers to the questions you might be asked? Do you even know what they might be? Of course you don't because the person asking them has probably not even thought of the question yet - they will do so as they listen to your icebreaker.

Just speak as clearly and confidently as you can, and it will all go OK.

From what my ACIO told me it is exactly the same. Important to prepare, as too many at my Pre-ADSC had no idea what to say. Though don't over do it, you will end up pressuring yourself and finding yourself at blankville.

H

Habayeb

Not to say that it will be the same but when I was at Lichfield last year you don't really do your exact icebreaker, you speak about yourself for 30 secs then 1min 30secs on a random given topic (you get time to prep), just practice what you've been doing but be prepared to think on your feet.

The_Duke

LE
You can't give 110%!, per cent - of one hundred.

Small and petty I know, just a personal bugbear, not aimed at you in particular, a general comment.

id)[/url]
Actually, you can in some circumstances. If the bill is £10.00 and you leave a £1.00 tip, then you have given 110%!

T

Taffd

You can't give 110%!, per cent - of one hundred.

Small and petty I know, just a personal bugbear, not aimed at you in particular, a general comment.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Bollocks. You can give 110% of £1 - it's £1.10p. Or 110% of 100. You can give as many % of an amount as you want.

What you actually object to is the idea that you can give 110% of a thing, of a whole, of a maximum. As in 110% effort.

If we're going be pedantic, we've got to get it right.

Ish.

Actually, you can in some circumstances. If the bill is £10.00 and you leave a £1.00 tip, then you have given 110%!
Boxy lives up in Sweaty Sock land so no chance of him knowing what a tip is.

D

Davetheclown

My icebreaker was on the first night, we had a game of scherades I had done mine, the next person up was a really fit girl, she was distracting a lot of people, the DS lean over right Number 16 you need to pick a film for her to do, It was my first encounter with Emperor Mong, I whispered in her ear. She looked shocked and the DS asked her what it was, she leans over whispers to him. He starts laughing and when he got himself together gave her another film title. I had forgotten about this and on my interview panel 3 of them just hitting me with questions. Then at the end they said they will let me know when my basic training was to start. As I got up to leave the Captain in charge of the panel said, "Gentlemen on scherades do not tell girls no matter how good looking they are to do Big Country!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The Training Wing 34
signals The Training Wing 14
B The Training Wing 37