• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ice rink

Coming soon near the London eye,Jubilee gardens, theres going to be an ice rink set up all done out in a Christmas theme.Might be worth a visit with the family?

P

PrinceAlbert

Is that a statement, or a question? The question mark at the end would infer that it is indeed a question, but it reads like a statement.

If it is a question, then Hyde Park has it's own "Christmas fair" with its own carosell, traditional German market stalls, overpriced brattys etc. There's also a couple of bars, entertainment for the kids, and an ice-rink.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Will there be minimum wage student flunkies dressed in penguin suits who can be tripped over for the punters amusement?

Is that a statement, or a question? The question mark at the end would infer that it is indeed a question, but it reads like a statement.

If it is a question, then Hyde Park has it's own "Christmas fair" with its own carosell, traditional German market stalls, overpriced brattys etc. There's also a couple of bars, entertainment for the kids, and an ice-rink.
It was both,a question and a statement...When does the Hyde park ``Christmas fair`` start?

Somerset house is an excellent location - I'd avoid the Tower of London though for the ice rink - its a bit exposed and can be very nippy when the wind is blowing.

Erm yes... it appears I will be travelling down to this on Saturday 20th of November.... (well its a Christmas Shopping trip to London that work does every year)....

P

PrinceAlbert

Erm yes... it appears I will be travelling down to this on Saturday 20th of November.... (well its a Christmas Shopping trip to London that work does every year)....
Can I meet you for a quick hand-shandy in the bushes?

Well I did go to London ... but alas simply couldnt face the Hyde Park thing.... not after Oxford Street, it was horrible... Covent Garden was nice though...the tubes were not...

Well I for one will be avoiding the tower of London (I'm not giving it capitals) in general from now on. I have only just found out it was built by the French. The flaming French. From France.
Much as I love French bread, Nicole from the Renault ads and Le Tour...comin over here, building dark, foreboding strategically placed fortresses on the banks of 'ol Lady Thames?? NO!!
[Wah shield on] It was built by the Normans, not the French! And as we all know from the 'Something you probably didn't know from history' thread, there's a huge difference!![wah shield off]

If that is still a problem for you, however, there's also an ice rink at Hampton Court Palace which was built by the English!

And for those that want to combine skating,and retail therapy,Westfield Shopping Mall has a rink,in the Atrium. Personally,I would do Somerset House,if it's on again this year.

Arguably that was also started by the Frogs, the Italians or possibly the Maltese, depending on how you view the Hospitallers! :p
Hardly,Wolsey took a 'shed',and built a palace on,and around it,it was then Hampton Court,Henry V111 'got' it,and it became Hampton Court Palace.

And if you want to split hairs,all the Hospitalers built was a big 'shed',which was eventually leased out. ;-)

Latest Threads