ICE HOCKEY....THE COOLEST FASTEST SPORT ON THE PLANET

Ice hockey is now in its 7th year in the UK.....To show case the sport the Army team will take on the might of the Bracknell Bees at the John Nike Arena in Bracknell...Thursday 7th of September.

Tickets only £5 for adults and £1 for under 14's.

Contact the arena office on 01344 789000 to purchase in advance

More details on www.armyblades.co.uk

If you want to learn check out the above website or www.remestallions.co.uk for details and training times.

Brilliant! Thanks for the ad - Bracknell is just down the road and the kids have been banging on about wanting to go to see a game and at only £1 each for them, who am I to disappoint them....

A couple of years ago the Officers and Sgts had a match for charity and I was taking pics the funniest thing I ever saw each mess had six weeks to learn how to play it was the funniest hour of my life!

Wow, there is an Army team! I must get involved with this.

Try "Broom Ball". Ice Hocky in trainers and using a tennis ball as a puck. Totally fcuked in 10 mins flat.

Great fun for all.

The charity event is now hotting up with your chance to win a new Toyota car from Octagon Toyota.....You need to be there for your chance to drive a new car away.....Get your ticket now while you still can.....Bees ticket office 01344 789 888

Graeme,

I called the number on your first post to book my tickets and the girl who answered sounded very vague, said "I'm not sure that we're doing them hang on", then wandered off and came back to tell me that she would get someone to give me a call when she had found out...that was 2 hours ago and no sign yet!

Having checked back on the thread, just in case you had another number, I rang the number in your most recent post, which turns out to be the Octagon Toyota dealership in Reading! I promised to let you know so that you can edit it off before she gets inundated with calls.

Any suggestions how else to get tickets, I am not holding my breath for a call back...

Re: Fifth_Columnist...Thanks...My balls up, the correct number for the main reception at the arena is 01344 789000. Spoke with the ice manager yesterday and I was assured that their system was ready to take advanced ticket sales.....Any more problems, please post back here or PM me..........Thanks all

With ref to the other number, Im sure they are happy to take all callers who want to buy a car!!!!!!!!!!

For all those who have pledged support to this event.........many many thanks.

Toyota's AYGO has been confirmed as the "win a car competition" prize. It is the Black Special Edition model that is up for grabs........You must be there for your chance to win........

Attachments

Those ice-hockey matches do have a habit of turning into "eye-sockey" though, don't they?

MsG

Bugsy7 said:
Those ice-hockey matches do have a habit of turning into "eye-sockey" though, don't they?

MsG
That's what's so great!

graemeh13 said:
The charity event is now hotting up with your chance to win a new Toyota car from Octagon Toyota.....You need to be there for your chance to drive a new car away.....Get your ticket now while you still can.....Bees ticket office 01344 789 888
Disregard this number unless you fancy a new or used Toyota......The Arena ticket "Hotline" is 01344 789 000, make sure you ask for Army charity match tickets as some receptionists will try and pass you on to the Bees ticket number.

Thanks for your support..........

CONFIRMED.

Following recent staff/computer issues tickets are now on sale through Bracknell Arena Office on 01344 789000

Great night lined up plus your chance to win a car!!!!!

REMINDER.....Its all taking place this week. Tickets are going fast and we are on target to beat the highest attendance of any previous Bees Game!!!!

This is all in aid of the ABF who have their work cut out with the recent sad losses around the world. Please show your support and come on down for an amazing night of entertainment. If you are unable to attend surf on over to the ABF site and make a donation.

Thank you all very much for your support so far.

Yup....another post to get this event back on the top 20......

Given recent events in Iraq and Afghanistan the ABF need help to ensure the families of those left behind receive maximum support.

For the cost of 2 beers you can be entertained for a whole evening.....did I mention there is also a bar at the arena!!

Team training is going well and the Bees are a little worried that they will be shown up at the start of their 2006/07 season (this is their 2nd game) plus we are on for a record attendance.

Call now for tickets 01344 789 000 and wait for an operator.

If you can not attend please make an online donation to the ABF...its quick and simple.

Thanks in advance for your support.

P.S. if you are in the area the team is training in Bracknell tonight at 1800hrs.......... :D

Just got back from Bracknell after the match. Well done to the Blades, but the Bees were just too good! Goalie got a well-deserved man of the match for facing 67 (was it 67? I couldn't understand a word on the PA) shots on goal! No 20 deserved a close runner up though.

Kids loved it, I hadn't got a clue what was going on (first ever match) but enjoyed it tremendously. I still have no idea why the fight nearly broke out in the first period - any clues?

But thanks Graeme, I hope the Benevolent Fund did well.

Fifth_Columnist said:
Just got back from Bracknell after the match. Well done to the Blades, but the Bees were just too good! Goalie got a well-deserved man of the match for facing 67 (was it 67? I couldn't understand a word on the PA) shots on goal! No 20 deserved a close runner up though.

Kids loved it, I hadn't got a clue what was going on (first ever match) but enjoyed it tremendously. I still have no idea why the fight nearly broke out in the first period - any clues?

But thanks Graeme, I hope the Benevolent Fund did well.
There had been some 'slashing' - ie: swinging a stick at an opponent

(The Ref would have made a chopping motion with the edge of one hand across the opposite forearm)

IMO the Blades started most of the confrontations...which was fine for me!