Ice Hockey in the Army

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by BevisRory, Jan 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does the Army have a team, or teams?

If so, does anyone know anything about them?

2. Yes there are quite a few teams out there. The RLC and REME have them amongst others and there is an Army team.

The RLC team make yearly trips to Canada.

3. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I have PM'd you.

4. Army Air Corp have a team too (@ Basinstoke rink)

Inter Services Competition held every June in Sheffield... plenty of RAF and Navy teams too

Have contacts at REME, RLC and AAC teams. Can pass you onto the Army Blades team if you're a higher standard.

(FYI: army players register centrally and you can interchange between teams quite easily for posting purposes. BFG has a new team and the RAF/NAVY lads and lasses operate a similar system too)

5. And if you are sufficiently up your own arse.

Puck skills not required. Pucker skills a must.

6. Didn't Bees beat Blades 43000-Nil a few years ago?

7. hahaha...topical indeed! :p :D

9. Thank god for the search button.

I am very interested in playing Ice Hockey, I have played before and I am a decent skater but I have never played competitively. I am an infantry solider and in the london area. Anyone have any idea where to go or who to ask for possible infomation regarding training or joining an army team?

Thanks in advance.

10. Not sure if anyone will reply to this, but i hope you do.

I am getting posted Elmpt, Germany (Im in the signals) I would love to learn how to play ice hockey, then to play in the team. I would like to know where and who i can get in touch with.

Thank you to anyone who can help

11. Thank you, i will look into teams when i get out to Germany. Il also look out for basingstoke as im only in Blandford at the moment.