Ian Tomlinson Pathologist struck off - funny old world....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Sep 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Ian Tomlinson pathologist Dr Freddy Patel struck off

Apologies if this verdict has been covered elsewhere - I expect so.

( in-depth piece on BBC Radio 4 Today programme this morning revealed a catalogue of odd interpretations produced over the past twenty years by the eminent clinician in question...first, do no harm my arrse....I will post a link when IT biffism permits..)

2. The government's go-to man if you ever want the "right" answer... like Lord Hutton.

A "sound man", as Sir Humphrey would call him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Establishment burying the bodies.

4. Bugger. Who will I call next time my tramp tipping goes south?

5. You'd think he'd be safe enough as a pathologist, I mean most doctors bury their mistakes, for a pathologist a burial is a result!

University of Zambia, mmmmmhhhh, overqualified I'd say.

6. You couldn't make it up. Or could you?

Those with a (very) long memory for comedy might remember an item on Chris Morris and Armando Ianuchi's Radio 4 series On the Hour from the 1990s, that featured an investigation into the work of forensic scientist Dr Freddie Vincent: "he's not really a doctor, but who are we to discourage him?"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kelly's Aye man ?

8. Try the same one you called last time. You know the one ? He advised you to fly west.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

The Radio 4 short item on this can be found at BBC Radio 4 - Today, 06/09/2012 for the next 6 days...cautionary tale and worth a listen, as George michael might say 'Without Prejudice'...

The medico-legal eagles will be licking their lips already...Lamborghinis all round!

10. No, he told me to go east and I fell asleep on the way round and ending up here.

11. Absolutely unbelievable.

12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Jings son - you callin' the Broken Biscuit Corp a liar? Fighting talk down Broadcasting House that is! :shakefist:

.... oh, sorry, you mean it is absolutely unbelievable how far a white coat and a plausible manner can take a chap ?

Indeed ... cf Shipman, Harold

13. It is absolutely unbelievable how he got away with everything for so long.