Ian Duncan Smith....Tosser

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by No_Duff, Jul 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know what rank the tosser IDS left the Army with ? He was Scots Guards and I thought he was a Lieutenant but he claims he was a Captain, the f***ing snot gobbling f***wit.

2. IDS served between 1975-1981, got out as a Captain, served in BAOR, NI and Rhodesia.

3. Captain and he was actually alright, better than some I could mention, and guess you don't like him for some reason!

Damn beaten by Bi3's

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

You git. You've just blown no duff's attempt to out IDS as a walt.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Good to see the intellectual quality of the debate hasn't risen above rock bottom here on ARRSE!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Have a like :thumright:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Who gives a ****!,,,,,,Btw, someone's turned your outrage bus into a submarine.

8. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't there discussion about producing a standard form for this sort of ARRSE thread during one of the Tim Collins bitchathons:

I served/didn't serve/was once was in London at the same time with ******* and I/my mate in the pub/a man on the telly/someone on ARRSE/a balcony-dweller from Hereford says he's a top bloke/******/walting cnut.

It does save time.

• Like Like x 8
  9. He may have been a good officer buts he's just pissed £400 million away on universal credit which is going to be quitely dumped as a disaster which most people with a scoobie said it would be much like a simple to understand tax code or a cheap effective army helicopter from westlands its not happening on this plane of exsistence:)

We will use state of the art IT systems to deliver coming from the uk gov its about as reasureing as Ugly saying watch this shit I wired up go boom but vastly less entertaining :(

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Has anybody mentioned that he's part Japanese yet? Perhaps he's acting out revenge for Pearl Harbour or something. History's not really my thing.

11. Was that not the North Koreans?

12. I like IDS. As far as benefits are concerned his analysis was good but his resulting plan is a spend a pound to save a penny
    f-ckup.

He may have to fold on Universal Credit re trusting the benefits claimants with the rent money. I have already sent the keys back to lender on my buy to lets and invited them to go to court and appoint a rent receiver to take them over. I ain't waiting for my tenants to get into stealing rent via UC. Mitigating loss. We foresee bigger problems ahead if we were to plough on subsidising the lifestyles of our benefits tenants. It was OK overall when property was going up in value.

The Landlords Assn emails I get with bad tenant on the hop alerts seem to be changing pattern as the tenants skipping with rent arrears now tend to have more rent arrears and less property damage. Don't know why but there seems to be a pattern. If my tenants did a runner I reckon £15000 per house to repair their damage. Why pay that only to get tenants on UC who will steal the rent money every month. Bankruptcy would be a better option according to advice. Shift the risk to the bankers.

If there are landlords making profits I have yet to meet one.

13. He was commissioned into the Scots Guards as a second lieutenant on 28 June 1975. He was assigned the service number 500263. He was promoted to lieutenant on 28 June 1977. He was moved to the Regular Army Reserve of Officers on 2 April 1981, signalling his retirement from the military.

His six-year service included spells in Northern Ireland and Rhodesia, where he served as aide-de-camp to Major-General Sir John Acland

14. Considering he's not wrapped up in urine sodden cardboard, main-lining Buckfast and hunched down outside Kings Cross with a pathetically scrawled sign around his neck stating 'I STOPPED THE 3RD SHOCK ARMY FROM RAPING YOUR DAUGHTERS, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO MY NEXT BOTTLE OF 20/20, - he's probably acheived more than most of the Cold War warriors inhabiting this site. I suggest to the OP that civvy life hasn't smiled on you in the 40 years since you handed in your greatcoat and kitbag.

• Like Like x 1
  15. **** off Chubb walt!