Ian Brady dead 15/05/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC today, and on Manchester news

Moors Murderer Ian Brady 'gravely ill' - BBC News

Ian Brady is facing the last hours of his life. He will be treated as any patient on end of life care. With kindness and sympathy. As a nurse I would have had considerable objections to nursing him. He is the epitome of a perverted man.

Now there is no hope that Keith Bennett will be found. Brady is beyond revealing the details now. That was his final and only point of control.

It will be interesting if anything is released about Brady after his death.

I do hope that his funeral is not publicised.

Hope it was painful and drawn out. He's had over 51 years at HM's pleasure, on the tax payer - 5 decades more breathing than his poor victims.

Last edited:
They should have done a deal with him to reveal the grave location. Then afterwards quietly reneged on the deal.

I know it would be counterproductive with other situations, and against his human rights etc. But with him we shouldn't have been so accomadating.

BBC today, and on Manchester news

Moors Murderer Ian Brady 'gravely ill' - BBC News

Ian Brady is facing the last hours of his life. He will be treated as any patient on end of life care. With kindness and sympathy. As a nurse I would have had considerable objections to nursing him. He is the epitome of a perverted man.

Now there is no hope that Keith Bennett will be found. Brady is beyond revealing the details now. That was his final and only point of control.

It will be interesting if anything is released about Brady after his death.

I do hope that his funeral is not publicised.
mercurydancer, are there any circumstances in which you could refuse to nurse in an individual such as Brady? akin to the exemptions made in the Abortion Act that allows refusal to participate on grounds of conscience.

Strangely dying in obscurity after over 50 yrs banged up would've been better, he will get front page when he dies unless we ignore it.

They should have done a deal with him to reveal the grave location. Then afterwards quietly reneged on the deal.

I know it would be counterproductive with other situations, and against his human rights etc. But with him we shouldn't have been so accomadating.
And ensure that nobody would ever do a deal ever again, not to mention the lawsuits that would have been involved.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I hope he remains conscious and in agony till the very end. I only hope he blurts something out that might locate the kids but life isn't usually that kind or tidy

Oh Dear, how sad, never mind... perhaps a few folks will turn up at his funeral whenever that is being held.

mercurydancer, are there any circumstances in which you could refuse to nurse in an individual such as Brady? akin to the exemptions made in the Abortion Act that allows refusal to participate on grounds of conscience.
I'm not sure there are many grounds anymore. I think it has to be something personal which would result in you not being able to provide care to an adequate level. Eg if you had been raped and a known rapist was in, you could say it would effect you too much to do your job properly.

As far as I'm aware that's mostly it, it hinges on the level of care you could give. Not because of religious or moral objections.

I'm not sure there are many grounds anymore. I think it has to be something personal which would result in you not being able to provide care to an adequate level. Eg if you had been raped and a known rapist was in, you could say it would effect you too much to do your job properly.

As far as I'm aware that's mostly it, it hinges on the level of care you could give. Not because of religious or moral objections.
I suspected as much, and fair enough, if you are able to opt out of treating people just because you start to go open a real can of discriminatory worms.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I expect Jeremy Corbyn will send a wreath. He seems to like murderers.

I think kids are annoying noisy pains in the arse anyway so I have no strong feelings against him.

Healthcare professionals just provide professional care, you just keep it clinical, do your job, no one says you have to show sympathy, empathy or emotional showing of care.

If Brady is still in Ashworth the nurses will be well used to dealing with patients who have committed nasty crimes.

He wanted to be put back in general population of prison so could die, it authorities who kept in secure mental health care, parentally feeding him.

Was he a remain voter......the world needs to know.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I do hope he's not in too much pain.

At least he'll have Marty to keep him company when he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.