Ian Brady dead 15/05/17

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mercurydancer, May 15, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

BBC today, and on Manchester news

Moors Murderer Ian Brady 'gravely ill' - BBC News

Ian Brady is facing the last hours of his life. He will be treated as any patient on end of life care. With kindness and sympathy. As a nurse I would have had considerable objections to nursing him. He is the epitome of a perverted man.

Now there is no hope that Keith Bennett will be found. Brady is beyond revealing the details now. That was his final and only point of control.

It will be interesting if anything is released about Brady after his death.

I do hope that his funeral is not publicised.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 2
  2. Hope it was painful and drawn out. He's had over 51 years at HM's pleasure, on the tax payer - 5 decades more breathing than his poor victims.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 22
  3. They should have done a deal with him to reveal the grave location. Then afterwards quietly reneged on the deal.

I know it would be counterproductive with other situations, and against his human rights etc. But with him we shouldn't have been so accomadating.

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mercurydancer, are there any circumstances in which you could refuse to nurse in an individual such as Brady? akin to the exemptions made in the Abortion Act that allows refusal to participate on grounds of conscience.

5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

They should do all they can to keep him alive. Not comfortable, just alive, in case his memory improves.
    It's the decent thing to do.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Strangely dying in obscurity after over 50 yrs banged up would've been better, he will get front page when he dies unless we ignore it.

7. And ensure that nobody would ever do a deal ever again, not to mention the lawsuits that would have been involved.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Helm

Helm LE Book Reviewer

I hope he remains conscious and in agony till the very end. I only hope he blurts something out that might locate the kids but life isn't usually that kind or tidy

• Like Like x 3
  9. Oh Dear, how sad, never mind... perhaps a few folks will turn up at his funeral whenever that is being held.

10. I'm not sure there are many grounds anymore. I think it has to be something personal which would result in you not being able to provide care to an adequate level. Eg if you had been raped and a known rapist was in, you could say it would effect you too much to do your job properly.

As far as I'm aware that's mostly it, it hinges on the level of care you could give. Not because of religious or moral objections.

11. I suspected as much, and fair enough, if you are able to opt out of treating people just because you start to go open a real can of discriminatory worms.

• Like Like x 1
  12. They will probably keep that secret to avoid the site smelling of stale urine.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I expect Jeremy Corbyn will send a wreath. He seems to like murderers.

• Like Like x 16
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. I think kids are annoying noisy pains in the arse anyway so I have no strong feelings against him.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I'd have been happy seeing him put to death immediately he was found guilty - truely evil person.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.