Ian Blair slates Boris about political control over police

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HERE
  2. Is he taking the p!ss? "London should not become like American cities where politicians exerted huge control over police departments."

This, from the most politicised commissioner the Met's ever had.
  3. Step 1 - remove the burden of National Security and givie it to somebody else. WTF should National security be a police matter -

"Oh you know they are breaking the law"

- so was Adolf!
  4. I thought it fairly ironic on the day the Police arrest an MP for simply doing what MP's are supposed to.
    Coupled to the fact that Blair kissed the arse of the Labour Government in a most undignified manner and had more to do with politicising the Police than any other Senior Police Officer kind of makes everything he says on the matter a great steaming pile of bollox.
    Good ridance to the man, shame we will have to apy the fekkers pension.
  5. Fcuk me!! He thinks he "may have said three or four things wrong." We'll just forget about shooting unarmed Brazilians, giving contracts to your mates and offending the parents of the girls murdered in Soham. What a monumental tw@t. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Personally, I 'd like to see our Police being far more accountable than they are at present. If we're not careful, they could start acting like forces in Latin America and arresting people from the opposition.
  6. I would like to see Chief Constable elected much the same as Sheriff's in the USA
    It would put an end to lunatics like Brunstrom believing themselves and making a mockery of what the law is supposed to be.

We couldn't possibly reach the stage where the Police starting arresting MP's that oppose the governent, don't be silly.......
  7. an incredibly arrogant man who has tied his flag to the Liabour mast! whilst they are in power he will be safe (and enjoying his massive payout).

watch out for appointments to government commissions or on the Board of companies loyal to the Brown/Blair project.
  8. Apologies Jagman. I realise I was over the top due to Blair's article annoying me. I will try to post more rationally in future.
  9. Inspector of Constabulary job for him at the very least. maybe something at Brussels A present from Liabour.
  10. You may be advised to do so.
    It appears that you genuinely can now be arrested and banged up for the evening if you dissent from Mr Browns opinion on anything.
    And not a tinfoil hat in sight.......
  11. MODS. This thread should be locked or binned. The very suggestion that Our Glorious Leader or The Party have any influence over our trusted and totally independent police force is outrageous.

No doubt it will soon emerge that Green was an Enemy of the People determined to destroy the revolution. But our kindly and benevolent Leader will have him re-educated and open his eyes to the wondrous future in store for us all.

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

hahahahahahahahah!!!!! :D

SIR Ian Blair, political appointee of the Lablair Party, and stooge of Tony Bliar, loudly applauding Labliar policies is upset because he says that BORIS is being political with the fuzz!?!?!?
  13. Interesting article by Andrew Gilligan on the Evening Standard website.

Goodbye Sir Ian Blair - we won't miss you.

I think he's right on the money with this: "Some of the lessons from Sir Ian are obvious enough. Police chiefs have to be highly politically skilled, without (and this is part of the skill) looking overtly political. Sir Ian got it the wrong way round: he was overtly political, without being at all politically skilled."
  14. Pot, Kettle, Black?
  15. I think I spotted a slight typo in the article, so I've corrected it.