IAF recently photographed nuclear facilities in Syria

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Sep 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/12/world/middleeast/12syria.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Interesting rumour. First of all, the USA has a lot of spy satelites. It is impossible to hide 'nuclear installation' from the satellites.

However, does it mean that Syria now in on the Washington's list of to be liberated nations with WMD exuse?

2. Bolloxs.

Do they bolloxs.

This is North Korea that concluded a test that airborne sniffers could find little or no trace of fissile material in? Still, it worked to get them back to the table.

When is the next round of grants to Israel under discussion?

3. "It is impossible to hide 'nuclear installation' from the satellites"...indeed, if people tended to stick a big sign marked 'Nuclear Installation Within' outside.

Hardly inconceivable when one considers how Iran - and who-the-hell-knows who else - is attempting to tool-up nuclear-wise.

Honestly, unless or until Tel Aviv is a smoking crater in the ground, some people will not believe that Israel's 'neighbours' could have the slightest interest in nuclear weapons.

I suppose it's all down to the Israelis being paranoid delusionals, and not understanding that they are actually surrounded by the Middle Eastern equivalent of the Brady Bunch.

4. Or Israel warning Syria on two issues:

1) Stop the military build up in the country - Assad is playing with the army and it is troubling Israel.
    2) Tell the Proxies in Palestine and Lebanon to back the hell off.
    Israel was startled by the success Islamic Jihad and or the popular resistance committee had in the recent rocket attack and IJ and PRC is sponsored by Syria. But if I was betting type I would say it has more to do with Hezbollah and Lebanon.

Nuclear energy is so passe this winter 2007.

5. Howdo castlereagh,

I would agree with your two points.* Additionally, I will tentatively speculate that the Israelis may well know something the rest of us don't, as they are habitually somewhat reluctant to share the juicier aspects of their intelligence findings with anyone, even Uncle Sam (the relationship from an Israeli standpoint being largely a one-way street...).

Something tells me that no-one in the region is remotely interested in nuclear energy...but then I'm a cynic.

*Have just realised that this sounds rude :oops: