I would value your opinion of my new army song?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by terrysains, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As this forum is 'attached to the front line' so to speak, I would value your opinion of a new song I've written called, "my daddy went to war". Thank you for your time. Terry sains. songwriter.

YouTube - My Daddy went to war
  2. Oh dear...:skull: Incoming!
  3. Haven't you posted this on enough forums already??
  4. Don't mention it. Filthyphil. Music lover.
  5. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Did you record it inside a 45 Gallon drum with a bag of marbles in your mouth?

Love the guitar playing, it sounds like you laid it on the floor and dragged a horses hooves over it.

Other than that sickly and too much footage of crying Americans, not enough women in swimsuits and no moving guitar solos.
  6. Fixed that for you PG
  7. I've written a ballad in support of the war effort called "Allah Takes It Up The Arse, Doo-Dah, Doo-Dah". You can buy the rights if you want.
  8. My Daddy built me a cellar - I liked the original by Fred West but josef fritzl did a cover-up too. I mean cover version...
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hell, it made me cry that song did, and the ARRSE response; some wee came came out too. Now I've got to think of some specially sad things to stop the tears.
  10. Think of all the lawyers who haven't been shot yet - it's a travesty, I tell you...
  11. He learnt about the NAAFI bar in a similar fashion to me, I see.

Timshel's non-'orrible, considerate response (again): Deep, and a good message.

NAAFI Bar response: It's making a worse sound than that dog I strangled last night (But don't worry, I still got into the Army!) Oh, and now I think about it... There are too many crying yanks. Why do yanks cry so much?
  12. Their brains have been turned to sago by Jehovah's Witnesses.
  13. I haven't heard this little ditty yet. I can't wait, the reviews are incredible.
    I suspect Louis Walsh is rubbing himself through his shiny trousers,weeping gently and gazing wistfully into the sky.
    Have you thought about making a turbo garage version for the young 'uns? Seems to me you've got a huge career in front of you, post some more stuff. Fuck NME, this is were you'll get the truth.

As Rhianna once said 'Please Don't Stop the Music'! You, my son, are fucking special!
  14. Apologies if this offends but I thought it was seriously bad. The guitar was out of tune (there isn't a single guitar string in tune) and I thought the lyrics were mind numbingly depressing.

In fact I had to stop listening to it as I had the sudden urge to go out and hang myself from the garage beam. Not that I would in reality of course.

If this was the X-Factor or BGT then it would be resounding 'NO' better luck next time.