i would like to know what you think please

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by yannie, May 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "We are aware of strains of Staphylococcus aureus with PVL, but it is extremely rare in the UK" - Health Protection Agency
    Doctors alerted after rare bug kills marine
    11.09AM, Tue May 24 2005

Doctors are being issued with advice about an extremely rare MRSA-linked toxin, after the inquest into the death of a young Marine recruit.

Richard Campbell-Smith, 18, scratched his legs while training in Lympstone in Devon, and reportedly became infected with Panton Valentine Leukocidin (PVL), a toxin linked to MRSA.

An expert at his Exeter inquest said the disease was thought to have disappeared in the 1950s - but she had seen two cases in nine weeks, and wanted to alert the public and medics.

A spokeswoman for the Health Protection Agency told the Press Association: "We are aware of strains of Staphylococcus aureus with PVL, but it is extremely rare in the UK.

"There is a surveillance scheme for this, but when we have Staphylococcus aureus samples in our laboratory we test a proportion of them for PVL.

"We have issued advice for clinicians so that if they suspect patients that may have this infection, they can send us the patient's sample for us to test in the laboratory."

they say it is not a cause for concern , i think it is

2. I think that unless the science bods pull something out of the hat in the next decade or so with relevance to control of antibiotic resistant bacteria we're all going to have interesting lives.

3. Oh sh*t not again! Yannie quit the fckuing cut and paste, 40 bloody shite posts since May 11.

That aside, RIP, very unfortunate incident.

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Yet again no source for a cut-and-paste, no link, and no opinion. I can almost see PTP reaching for his culling scissors...

5. You really are boring Yannie wannie. Go get yourself an opinion. ASDA sell them. Fukc's sake

6. Yannie, are you Mrs Trickywoo56 by any chance? or in fact Trickywoo himself sitting at his PC in drag, pished and posting rubbish? :lol:

7. Opps I think my PC is fooked

Can a MOD please delete the extra posts

TYVM :oops: