I would have been retiring tomorrow!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FredWest, Mar 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I hadn't jacked it all in for supposedly a better life, I would be retiring tomorrow from Green Machine.

What future would I be facing if I was on my last day tomorrow?

I know for a fact, if I was leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't be as happy and as settled as I am now.

I wouldn't have my house, and I certainly wouldn't have my current other half.

2. Easy Tiger, I'm not coming out of the closet on this one!!
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Bit late for that!
  4. Whoa, slow down ladies, there I was thinking that tomorrow, I'll be 40 and would be retiring from Green Kit, and all I get is abuse, but then again I shouldn't have posted in the NAAFI should I!

I couldn't imagine not working, took 4 months out a couple of years ago, and 6 weeks out after New Year this year, and I've never been so bored in all my life. It was ok for the first week or so, but after that, I wanted to skin the rabbits and kill them.

So, even though I might have been able to enjoy a little leisure time if I'd have stayed in, would I be climbing the walls after a week or so?
  5. Jarrod's new conquest? :?
    It is nice to be retired. One can have a good lie in, lateish breakfast, potter about in the back garden, etc.

6. Retiring? After a couple of weeks watching coronation street and "pottering" about the back garden you'll launch yourself off your council flat balcony...