I would have been a General if only....

There are tables where you can work out "predicted rank" from a set of variables (age promoted, length of service, career path selected). These are held tighter than FMC's "full capitation" tables.

I've heard of them being used for NSMBOS for discharge when the Service was at fault.
We used them at the APC, when responding to lawyers, who were acting on behalf of prematurely discharged soldiers. In many cases, they were taking the proverbial, but in some cases, it was a pleasure to assist an unfortunate individual with clear potential for a full and rewarding career, claim considerable compensation if they had been invalided out of the Service because of a RTA or similar.

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I did a humanitarian law course a few years ago. One of the other attendees was a Dutch army lawyer. At one stage we were discussing the legality of raiding a house and shooting a high value target.

Another lawyer said he’d given legal advice in a similar situation to the one we were discussing.

The Dutch chap chipped on to say he’d been involved in a similar raid too in Afghanistan. Further discussion and it came out that he was leading the raid having done several SF tours.

Perhaps Lt Col B-H has also done SF tours. Then again I nearly broke my shoulder the first time I fired a .303. I was 13 and less than 5’ tall. I just had not understood what the kick would be like. I suppose if Lt Col B-H made the same mistake as a 13 year old boy she might have done herself a serious injury. I’d blame whoever passed her on a WHT for the weapons. Not to RCO.

I think I would have been a general if we’d had WW3 and lots of vacancies had occurred and I was the lucky enough to be the only one left.

Shes just a grabbing bitch, there’s no certainty of promotion, by her reckoning I could have been a Lt Col if I wasn’t injured, many of my peer group are LE Majors although you’d have to ignore I’m an utter cünt.

As for her injuries and PTSD, she’ll have already been compensated by AFCS.

Just out of curiosity, is being a female a major bonus for promotion in the British Army at the moment ? Is is also easier getting into the order of the British Empire when you haven't got dangly bits ? It definitely is the case in the French forces right now.

... you’d have to ignore I’m an utter cünt...
To be fair, so are the rest of us.

Mind you, I'm just glad I kept my rank despite a number of attempts to "give" it up!

Just out of curiosity, is being a female a major bonus for promotion in the British Army at the moment ? Is is also easier getting into the order of the British Empire when you haven't got dangly bits ? It definitely is the case in the French forces right now.
So the French are handing out OBEs, bugger me!

CC_TA

LE
Define 'a couple of years': as I read it, she's been out of the Service for at least 2.
A couple of / a few years ago. The end of the course was her end of time in the mob. I'm not sure the exact dates.

...I'm not even sure what day it is today. I think it's the 19th of Covid but I could be wrong.

UKTAP

LE
This more than strongly smell of bullshit. I hope the Army reads out her AR book in court to lay to bed any claim that she wasn't already standing on a stepladder on her glass ceiling by being a Lt Col.

Broken shoulder from recoil, my arse. PTSD for a Lawyer, my arse. Potential General, my arse.

Get to ****, you bluffing ****.

I'm taking it as she's 50 now but at the time of the rifle incident would have been a Lt Col at 43. Although as you also note, what on Earth is an Army lawyer doing being 'wounded twice in combat'?
She's a Bugsy walt.

This more than strongly smell of bullshit. I hope the Army reads out her AR book in court to lay to bed any claim that she wasn't already standing on a stepladder on her glass ceiling by being a Lt Col.

Broken shoulder from recoil, my arse. PTSD for a Lawyer, my arse. Potential General, my arse.

Get to ****, you bluffing ****.
She’ll have medical evidence that she has PTSD. It’s easy enough to bluff.

But Central London county heard that her career ended after she suffered a shoulder injury while training on at a firing-range incident in 2013. Lawyers for Lt-Col Braddick-Hughes told that court that she was severely injured when a sniper rifle recoiled into her shoulder.

A question:

Anybody aware of the Court of Inquiry that should have been held regarding the nature and cause of the severe injury?

Latest Threads