I would have been a General if only....

I wonder if she knew this chap:

Similar story but he’s not taking anyone to court (yet anyway).

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I remember her as a new SO2 Legal in 1XX. We did the millennium tour in HQ MND SW under Gen Freddie Viggers. I dont recall her sustaining any injury in Bos but i do recall her being caught breaking the 2 can rule in some late night drinking den and being worried she had wrecked her career as a consequence.

Army Carp fishing champion at some point I believe.
Slight thread revival and drift - I was there then; all sorts of drinking shenanigans going on, including one that had me christened petracelli (sp?) by my troops for getting some of them off a charge of being OOB in the chicks' accommodation at BL. Don't remember fatty though.

I remember her as a new SO2 Legal in 1XX. We did the millennium tour in HQ MND SW under Gen Freddie Viggers. I dont recall her sustaining any injury in Bos but i do recall her being caught breaking the 2 can rule in some late night drinking den and being worried she had wrecked her career as a consequence.

Army Carp fishing champion at some point I believe.
2 can rule? We were absolutely banjaxed every night :)

My wife of the day was working at NAAFI distribution in Kempen, Germany, sending out the beer and rations to us. We drank three years’ worth of beer on a 2 can rule in 6 months :)

Shit, we had a “cheese and beer party” in the Rubb tent cookhouse on the ice floor in Zetra, the entire squadron was bladdered, with the exception of the chunks on guard.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
BLMF. 2 can rule. As much ad 2 can drink.

Just moments later, a single shot rang out, hitting Johnson in his stomach with the bullet passing through his body and out of his back.

Despite his horrific injuries, Johnson was initially reluctant to report the incident fearing Army colleagues would ridicule the RAF.

He believed the cock-up would make the RAF look like 'twats' because, in his own words, 'The Army would love to hear we shot one of our own lads.'
Surely not, there would have been nothing but sympathy and compassion ...

Could be awkward. Turning the head to show the badge while simultaneously twisting the arm/shoulder round to show the wings would seem to require a seriously camp pose to make it work, and the poser might need his hand(s) on hip(s) to line it all up.
Morning @Fiona_TG,
Just tried to get my left ear(capbadge area), to line up with my right shoulder. No fckn chance unless you're a contortionist...or an owl!
Didn't attempt the hands on hips bit though.

Morning @Fiona_TG,
Just tried to get my left ear(capbadge area), to line up with my right shoulder. No fckn chance unless you're a contortionist...or an owl!
Have you tried looking back over your shoulder and pursing your lips suggestively?

Morning @Fiona_TG,
It's only for the young'uns, definitely not for me now anyway having fallen out of the folding seat in the garden on Monday resulting in a knackered back. The good news though is that I did not spill a drop of the good stuff from the glass I was holding as I tried to sit down.