Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would have been a General if only....

..and for them to get paid enough to retain them.
That was my impression as well. The most common rank for doctors to receive upon entry in the Army is captain, but they get their majority pretty quick.

I remember her as a new SO2 Legal in 1XX. We did the millennium tour in HQ MND SW under Gen Freddie Viggers. I dont recall her sustaining any injury in Bos but i do recall her being caught breaking the 2 can rule in some late night drinking den and being worried she had wrecked her career as a consequence.

Army Carp fishing champion at some point I believe.

"Being caught" should be a career problem.

Failing to break the 2 can rule is a thing of shame.

I found an old wallet recently with my 2003/4 stash of beer cards from BLMF. It seems that I was simultaneously a lance jack, a WO2, a Sqn Ldr and some form of Naval officer. Is "vice Commodore" a thing? Bar chicks clearly didn't care, full set of clips around the edges.

We had a classic in our Corps some years back*, when the individual took the Army to task for being over-promoted (including an LE Commission) and therefore placing her in a situation where she couldn’t handle the stress.
Wow! Never heard that dit before. :? Somebody successfully sued the Army for OVER-promoting her? :? I'm shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!
Claude Raines.jpg

What would an Army lawyer do in Afghan or even Bosnia where battlefield injuries would be a risk?

I mean it, how could she have developed PTSD sitting behind a desk pushing paperwork around?

Over promoted, luxury, some of us would have killed to be over promoted.

I thought that that was the officer's prayer.
I was over paid if that helps.
The wksp took it back in the bar though

So she could kill of those better & more qualified than her it seems!
Seems these days if you do not get promoted you sue the army for damages & hurt feelings.
And sometimes the Military settle out of court as it saves money & time without admitting liability.
Next she will be claiming cold feet injury as the Aircon wasn't set right

I remember her as a new SO2 Legal in 1XX. We did the millennium tour in HQ MND SW under Gen Freddie Viggers. I dont recall her sustaining any injury in Bos but i do recall her being caught breaking the 2 can rule in some late night drinking den and being worried she had wrecked her career as a consequence.

Army Women's Carp fishing champion at some point I believe.
FOC

What would an Army lawyer do in Afghan or even Bosnia where battlefield injuries would be a risk?

I mean it, how could she have developed PTSD sitting behind a desk pushing paperwork around?
You weren't there man

D

Deleted 164106

I dont think she was on it at any point, but there was an SO1 lawyer on the Detention Oversight Team, who occasionally had cause to venture out from behind the wire into downtown Kabul for meetings with the locals.

Franky i am amazed this has passed the starting block . If she wins i expect several hundreds of claims including mine for having tripped on a deliberate laid trip wire, nor to mention peeing on an electric fence.

Oh and Cathy can be my lawyer.

UKTAP

LE
Franky i am amazed this has passed the starting block . If she wins i expect several hundreds of claims including mine for having tripped on a deliberate laid trip wire, nor to mention peeing on an electric fence.

Oh and Cathy can be my lawyer.
That's the main concern with this. If this horrible cúnt wins, with such a manifestly bullshit claim, every lying, cheating, failed ex-serving individual will try to game the system with their also total bullshit claims.

She should have been fucked off at the high port, not allowed to proceed, lest this set a very dangerous precedent.

If they did that you'd never get to see the cap badge and therefore an assumption could be made that they belong to a hat regiment. You can almost see the logic.

Could be awkward. Turning the head to show the badge while simultaneously twisting the arm/shoulder round to show the wings would seem to require a seriously camp pose to make it work, and the poser might need his hand(s) on hip(s) to line it all up.

Truxx

LE
That's the main concern with this. If this horrible cúnt wins, with such a manifestly bullshit claim, every lying, cheating, failed ex-serving individual will try to game the system with their also total bullshit claims.

She should have been fucked off at the high port, not allowed to proceed, lest this set a very dangerous precedent.

Nail head. Worse is when we have a critical mass of people who are actually minded to game the system like this. At that point the whole delicate construct of leadership, service and team effort collapses.

Last edited:

Latest Threads