Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would have been a General if only....

Truxx

LE
I remember her as a new SO2 Legal in 1XX. We did the millennium tour in HQ MND SW under Gen Freddie Viggers. I dont recall her sustaining any injury in Bos but i do recall her being caught breaking the 2 can rule in some late night drinking den and being worried she had wrecked her career as a consequence.

Army Carp fishing champion at some point I believe.
Probably tripped coming out of one of the cafe's that had sprung up around the metal factory by then.

The_Duke

LE
Got to it’s target didn’t it? What more do you want?
Nope. Thudded in well short of target. At the time I wasn't 100% sure on what had gone wrong, only that something had. It was my 6th or 7th firing of the day, and that one just sounded and felt different. I initially thought he had flinched and pulled the shot low. Only when I looked at the firer and saw what he was left holding did I realise what had happened.

Subsequent checks showed that around 1/3rd of our stocks were U/S, with the missiles bonded into the tubes.

I'm taking it as she's 50 now but at the time of the rifle incident would have been a Lt Col at 43. Although as you also note, what on Earth is an Army lawyer doing being 'wounded twice in combat'?

It might have been her feelings and self esteem that were injured...when a passing Rfn said 'what the fook are you doing with that snipers rifle ma'am? You couldn't hit a cows arrse with a banjo'. :salut:

UKTAP

LE
I remember her as a new SO2 Legal in 1XX. We did the millennium tour in HQ MND SW under Gen Freddie Viggers. I dont recall her sustaining any injury in Bos but i do recall her being caught breaking the 2 can rule in some late night drinking den and being worried she had wrecked her career as a consequence.

Army Carp fishing champion at some point I believe.
Wow. Illustrious. Nailed on for 4*, then...

Nope. Thudded in well short of target. At the time I wasn't 100% sure on what had gone wrong, only that something had. It was my 6th or 7th firing of the day, and that one just sounded and felt different. I initially thought he had flinched and pulled the shot low. Only when I looked at the firer and saw what he was left holding did I realise what had happened.

Subsequent checks showed that around 1/3rd of our stocks were U/S, with the missiles bonded into the tubes.

As long as everyone lives to tell the tale, it’s all good.

Arkanstigger

War Hero

There was a 2 can rule in the metal factory in 99/00? The constant piss ups were the only good thing about the place.

Oh I know! I was safety supervisor on live firing of one when all the firer was left holding was the black spotting rifle. Everything else disappeared down range in a puff of shredded fibreglass.

For that alone I should be made General of the Felix Legions and paid £1.5m

why not have a punt at it in court? everyone else is

Is this her?

She's gen.

Got the Hero Tat and everything

View attachment 461145

(Badly) taped for bursitis (IMHO). Ignored Marksmanship principle No1, Self inflicted wound.
Option 2: Worn rotator cuff from RSI, Self inflicted wound.

. . . There was also an issue with the glue holding it together. . .

Aha! That's jogged the memory: the grand plan was to take a slack handful down for Saif Sareea II but there was much sulking when that was canned.

I didn't pay too much attention, tbh, as I was on gardening leave by then.

Has to be a tourist. As both in GW1 and Bosnia, once settled in and having collected lots of kit belonging to the other side, a line of officers would appear to have a mooch about and play soldier for a day..... On the general quote, it used to be said(peter principle), that captain/major was the glass ceiling for the thick, LMF or personality incapable of mixing with others.

Based on her viewpoint, it seems inflated grades on the principle now stops at colonel.

Nah, that's an East Yorkshire department store.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
Screenshot_20200331-134950_Chrome.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm taking it as she's 50 now but at the time of the rifle incident would have been a Lt Col at 43. Although as you also note, what on Earth is an Army lawyer doing being 'wounded twice in combat'?

I knew a WRAC Major who was injured in an IRA bombing.

She was about half a km away, in her bed when the device went off. A piece of the decorative plasterwork broke off the ceiling and hit her.

Gen dit worthy of many gin and tonics.

Truxx

LE
There was a 2 can rule in the metal factory in 99/00? The constant piss ups were the only good thing about the place.
I moved in when the div first moved there under Mike Jackson. I went back in about 2002. In terms of operational effectiveness it had gone backwards by a very long way.

Latest Threads