I would be based in germany if..

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by yorkshirepudding, Nov 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was AS90, and Newcastle if i was MLRS...right?

2. Wahh defector on

MLRS sort of right, its up that way, anything North of the Thames confuses me

AS90 depends on which regt, I'm guessing you are a Geordie and looking at either being a Welsh Gunner and live near home or a Geordie Gunner and live in the land of Bierkellers and bratties

However you could end up a Highland Gunner and live in Wiltshire, its a funny old world.

The only guarantee is MLRS, there are a lot more locations if you choose AS90, however why the feck do you want to live near home? Miss mummy ? Grow some, live a far away as possible and pish it every night whilst your young enough

3. Oh one other option is go STA either as a Radar OP, Sound Ranger or get your running shoes on as a Special OP, that way you would be in Catterick and get the best of both worlds, live near home and still have scabs on a Thursday night

4. Well WH, I don't care were i am based but i want to know before making my decision, gets me 8O!

The radar and sound op don't have the combat side that i want to lever myself into, germany looks good, the booze looks even better :)

Im not a geordie..

so...

Anyway thaks for the info, your brain had been positively picked!

5. 4th Regiment - the North East Gunners have now moved to Topcliffe. So if you are looking for some pils - you will have to go donkey walloping with 3RHA or become a brummie with 26 Regt RA.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Which has the longest effective range :?

7. MLRS i am led to beleive my friend!

8. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

[quote="yorkshirepudding]

The radar and sound op don't have the combat side[/quote]

This regiment is currently on a higher operational tempo than the close support regiments.

If you are going there you are going to get a fair few tours under your belt.

9. If you want AS90 id go 3RHA in germany

10. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

"Who's for the guns"

If I could live my life again, me again :!:

11. Ah, sunny Hohne in the spring, almost makes you want to break into a song..

12. Why go armoured? Get yourself on a Light Gun. It's the business!