I would be based in germany if..

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by yorkshirepudding, Nov 3, 2008.

1. I was AS90, and Newcastle if i was MLRS...right?

2. Wahh defector on

MLRS sort of right, its up that way, anything North of the Thames confuses me

AS90 depends on which regt, I'm guessing you are a Geordie and looking at either being a Welsh Gunner and live near home or a Geordie Gunner and live in the land of Bierkellers and bratties

However you could end up a Highland Gunner and live in Wiltshire, its a funny old world.

The only guarantee is MLRS, there are a lot more locations if you choose AS90, however why the feck do you want to live near home? Miss mummy ? Grow some, live a far away as possible and pish it every night whilst your young enough

3. Oh one other option is go STA either as a Radar OP, Sound Ranger or get your running shoes on as a Special OP, that way you would be in Catterick and get the best of both worlds, live near home and still have scabs on a Thursday night

4. Well WH, I don't care were i am based but i want to know before making my decision, gets me 8O!

The radar and sound op don't have the combat side that i want to lever myself into, germany looks good, the booze looks even better :)

Im not a geordie..

so...

Anyway thaks for the info, your brain had been positively picked!

5. 4th Regiment - the North East Gunners have now moved to Topcliffe. So if you are looking for some pils - you will have to go donkey walloping with 3RHA or become a brummie with 26 Regt RA.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Which has the longest effective range :?

7. MLRS i am led to beleive my friend!

8. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

[quote="yorkshirepudding]

The radar and sound op don't have the combat side[/quote]

This regiment is currently on a higher operational tempo than the close support regiments.

If you are going there you are going to get a fair few tours under your belt.

9. If you want AS90 id go 3RHA in germany

10. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

"Who's for the guns"

If I could live my life again, me again :!:

11. Ah, sunny Hohne in the spring, almost makes you want to break into a song..

12. Why go armoured? Get yourself on a Light Gun. It's the business!