I wont vote for you.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Adam(KOS), May 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last week I posted a thread about a possible £15,000 pay rise for MPs.

Sorry to advise you all that this figure should have read £23,000 fekin quid :roll:

"MPs could seek to avoid future expenses criticism by awarding themselves an automatic lump sum of £23,000 a year for second homes, a newspaper says."

Full article :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7420848.stm

2. Who cares anymore?? I've given in with the mongs.

3. You're forgiven. Those sponging cnuts aren't. :x

4. and they blame there down turn on the economy!! Fukcing wasters

£60k salary
    £300 a day in no receipt type expenses
    £20k plus for relocation and mortgage crap
    £50k plus fiddled funds for there surgeries

thats over £200k they get, and they want more (on top of other freebie lunches

parasites

5. This really grips my sh1t.

And all because they didn't expect the FOI act to apply to themselves!? Politians are not above the law and they are responsible for OUR money FFS. The public have a right to see what they spend it on.

And this from a goverment that loves all that is corporate... private investment, private initiatives, etc. Isn't it odd that they wish to run the country with a corporate culture but don't want to that same culture to extend to themselves? In business i have to submit receipts and so should they!

I'm not surprised though, they'll avoid anything that could impinge/expose their ability to get their snout in the trough.

TB

6. They still want a £15,000 pay rise. The £23,000 is in addition to that.

7. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Now then lets get our facts correct shall we...

They are not actually asking for a £23,000 rise, they are going to forgoe thier vast expenses account (with all reciepted items paid for ) in return for a £23,000 'grant' (unreciepted one off lump sum per year spend it on what you want).

A side effect of this will be that there won't be any awkward reciepts for people to ask for under the FOI act.... :evil: in addition to the £15,000 pay rise prior to a fixed independant system being implimented... :roll:

S_R

8. £23,000 in unaccountable expenses? That's nice for them. It's about what a higher band Lance Corporal supports a family on...

9. msr

msr LE

Dear all,

Following Adam (KOS) 's post on this thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=97566.html , and MSRs excellent suggestion below, I have created another thread dedicated to this exercise.

Format as before, but in this case, I think a templated letter is just the thing. Please follow MSR's example, and get this letter to your MP , via the means suggested. As soon as you have, just check in on the thread, with your MP's name and sent.
    Remember, these exercises work, and I think we are all now heartily sick of our elected representatives cross-party, divorcing themselves from the harsh realities of trying to cope financially in Britain today.

So it's simple , vote for the 23K grant and a payrise? No way will you get my vote.

MSR's and Andy Wade's example below. Please spread this far and wide, to other forums you use.

Could someone (Non Regular or Reserve) , start the petition on the 10 Downing Street site , to the effect of "we the undersigned categorically state we will not vote for any constituency MP that votes to accept a either 23K grant or 15K pay rise or both together?

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Dear Sir,

If you vote for this, rest assured I will not be voting for you at the next election.

Yours,

msr

10. I know, we'll save all the controversy by giving ourselves £23,000 a year! Time to riot yet?

11. Talk about fcuking bean-stealers!

13. i dont need to as my mp is a typical labour droneinstalled in what was a safe seat

Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes, speeches
    Voted a mixture of for and against introducing a smoking ban. votes, speeches
    Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes, speeches
    Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitals. votes, speeches
    Voted strongly for introducing student top-up fees. votes, speeches
    Voted very strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes, speeches
    Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes, speeches
    Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes, speeches
    Voted very strongly for replacing Trident. votes, speeches
    Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes, speeches
    Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes, speeches

14. Please follow MSR's and Andy Wades example, and get this letter to your MP , via the means suggested. As soon as you have, just check in on the thread, with your MP's name and sent.

Remember, these exercises work, and I think we are all now heartily sick of our elected representatives cross-party, divorcing themselves from the harsh realities of trying to cope financially in Britain today.

So it's simple , vote for the 23K grant and a payrise? No way will you get my vote.

MSR's and Andy Wade's example below. Please spread this far and wide, to other forums you use.

Could someone (Non Regular or Reserve) , start the petition on the 10 Downing Street site , to the effect of
    Lets get the biggest petition ever :D