I wish I was an Apache Pilot

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Frank_Doberman, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Well you can't, your an oil rig working taxi driver.

Should have listened at school

• Like Like x 1
  3. Excellent shooting. Nice to see the dog had more sense than them as well!

4. I touched one once, does that count?

An Apache that is, not the pilot !

• Like Like x 2

5. I know...can i be an A10 driver instead ?

6. blunt trauma from a 30mm round does just the job!

7. Used to watch them at Donna Nook as a kid, awesome!

8. better than being a Lynx pilot - he'll have had to go tech after contact and spend a few days in a 5 star hotel!

9. Dogs love Apache Buffets. terrys been tenderized

• Like Like x 2
  10. Having passed the basic aptitude test for the US Army with flying colours, my son (ex ACC !) was given a choice of prime trades and chose helicopter pilot. Turned out he couldn't do that because he only had a green card and wasn't a citizen. But he could be a crew chief on Apaches - which he did. The Master Sergeant at the recruiting office was baffled by his question 'If as an alien and a pilot you think I might sabotage an Apache, won't it be much easier and safer to do so as i/c maintenance'. Military logic doncha just love it ? He also says that basic as an ACC apprentice was tougher than US Army basic AND he got three medals without going anywhere near a war zone.

11. Its true, we sent a Kid to Air Assault school and he was honor graduate. less than a Month later he was refused re-enlistment as he was an Irish Citizen still. Now the US Army knew he wasn't going to be able to re-up but sent him to a school anyway with all its associated costs in TDY pay. As for Basic it is just that one low standard for Initial entry training.

Queens jubilee medals anyone?

12. So, your son was ex Army Catering Corps? An unusual career change from frying chips to flying choppers. Still, I wish him all the best.

13. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Ex ACC you say? Good egg; talk about going from the frying pan to the fire! Well done him.