I will form War Cabinet - Cameron

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by lewiscollins, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He certainly seems to be talking the talk - but will he walk the walk???

2. No. He's a showboater

3. Agreed. Without a clearly articulated aim and a firm commitment to resourcing it properly, this is just window-dressing. A 'War Cabinet' won't make the slightest difference unless we have a root and branch attitude adjustment at political and military levels in the way the Yanks did.

4. At the risk of being a bit naive, isn't that what he said?

5. even though i think quite lowly of cameron, i think he will really give it a good go if he makes PM. I think this is their only shot in power, especially if he F*cks everything up.

chances are good that he will do really really well.

6. WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

7. He didn't say anything about it. He hinted, like a fan-dancer before a crowd of sweating drunks.

He did not say, "We will clearly articulate our desired end-state by X date, decide our level of commitment by Y date and create whatever structures or funding we need to in order to support same until it is achieved."

He did not say "Committing our men and women in harms way is the most serious undertaking of any government and therefore we will make it our nation's number one priority or remove them from the field."

He also did not say "This war is not important enough to become our nation's number one priority, therefore we will treat it accordingly."

I don't like buying a pig in a poke and this chap's reputation for saying what he thinks ought to be said instead of what he thinks or believes doesn't make me sanguine.

8. Davie boy could act just now. He could ask his supporters to leave comfortable armchairs and to join armed forces to die somewhere in Helmand.

9. A lot of people make the point that DC is all talk - but as the opposition that's pretty much all he can do unless or until he gets put into power.

I personally reckon Cyclops is on a scorched earth policy to f*** up as much as he can now to try and make sure Cons have a hard time of it and Labour get re-elected after a term.

Given the complete mess of public finances Cameron does have his work cut out if he gets in but I'm glad at least that this early he is making the right noises. He has some pretty sound ex-mil types in the party and if he lets them loose in the MOD surely it can only be a good thing.

10. just curious. What or who do you work for?

11. Erm - wah?

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

the clue is in the User Name :D :twisted:

13. I know, I just wanted him/her/it to say it. :D

14. For my family Spurtle.

A war is a standard method for powerkeepers to divert attention of population from economical hardship. Why do you think Argentinian junta unleashed the war?

The Conservatives plan to cut taxes for the rich, for corporations and to low the budget deficit. How it is possible? Of course at expense of the poor, at expense of hard working majority.

So what an explanation would be proposed? Britain is at war... It is so simple.

15. You are aware that sometimes cutting taxes can sometimes increase the total take?

Either people work longer hours as they get to keep more money for themselves, or there is less incentive to pay accountants to find loopholes to keep your money out of Gordons paw's.