I was just listening to News 24...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nehustan, Aug 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

...while I worked away on my terminal and a report came on about the rape of that 14 year old in Iraq, pretty grim (understatement for which I apologise), but suddenly something pricked up my ears. The cat with the personality disorder that slotted the family while the crime was carried out did so with an 'AK47'. What was he doing with an AK47??? Strikes me as very suspicious and what would certainly lead me to believe that this was premeditated with what could be a very sinister objective.

Now I have constantly told people that the crimes against Iraqis commited in Iraq are probably carried out by a lunatic fringe despite conspiracy theories, but this has just got me thinking...

"The four eventually went to a house about 200 metres (yards) away and put the parents and their five-year old daughter in the bedroom, but kept the older girl in the living room.

According to Mr Barker's statement, he and Mr Cortez took it in turns to rape or attempt to rape her.

Mr Barker heard shots from the bedroom, and Steven Green emerged with an AK-47 in his hand saying "They're all dead. I just killed them."

[align=center]Full text[/align]

2. You're implying this was a false flag op carried out by Uncle in order to discredit the insurgents?

Nah even I doubt they would go that far and im probably the most vocal critic of the US on here.

Mind you my Sunni Iraqi barber is convinced that the US is behind all the bombings.

3. "Drinking Iraqi whiskey with an energy drink & practicing golf swings at a checkpoint" I know its the beeb reporting, I know we should,nt comment on ongoing cases but...... Am I the only one who hopes to fcuk this is,nt true. The murders , rapes plus the drinking & pi55ing about on duty. You,ll just know we,ll be demonised by association by our loyal press if it is.
    LT.

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'm not implying anything, I think worried (my head jerked around when I heard AK47) would sum it up better. If these guys were out on patrol, why did they have an AK47. If they were on their own time still why an AK47, why only one, where were their own IWs??? I'm quite happy for someone to explain this too me, but something doesn't add up.

5. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/08/world/middleeast/08iraq.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/news/news-iraq-mahmudiya.html

Why AK-47 (or AKM) was used? Many Iraqi families have this weapon in home for selfdefence. Also many American soldiers switsh to AK-47. It is much more reliable and more useful in urban warfare, in dusty conditis.

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/04/17/kalashnikov.shtml

6. Lots of Spams carry AK's, some even in Iraq!

7. I don't want to drag people off subject but the whole justification for the 'war on terror' was highly suspect - particularly the apparent controlled demolition of the third building (the one that no plane crashed into)

Google: World Trade Center 7

8. I don't want to drag people off thread, - but I will anyway!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ok fair answers, my fears are addressed.

10. another bone head "the yanks attqacked their own buildings" conspiracy idiot

11. The best refutation of the various conspiracy theories out there may be found below:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

12. If you ever watched Platoon set in 'Nam when the guy kills that Septic guy that just killed this other Septic in revenge. Well after this big gook attack they are the only two left, so he picks up an AK-47 and slots him, giving the impresion he was killed by the enemy.

This seems to be a similar afair.

13. How about so that when forensic tests are carried out on the bodies they have been shot with non american weapons and the blame appears to rest with the locals. Our heros are out of the frame without so much as giving a set of fingerprints.

Trotsky