I was asked this about hubby going to Iraq...

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by MrsCR, Feb 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My boss asked me how long I was sticking around for (understandable as we obviously move about a bit and they weren't sure). I told her we weren't moving for another year...

"oh but isn't your husband off to Iraq in April?"
    "so how long will you be away?"

she actually thought that wives went away with husbands into a bloody war zone! I had to stop myself actually laughing in her face and told her it would be far too dangerous and I would not only be completely in the way but a rather large liability as well...
  2. She's obviously stuck in the 18th Century! "Oi, Doris, pack up the caravan!"
  3. If my missus had gone to Iraq with me the war would have been over sharpish and it would have been cleaner as well
  4. Say "yes, I have to go, sorry it's the law"

Then get a 6 month sabbatical on full pay.

PS: If that works, you owe me one hell of a big drink.
  5. She probably saw an episode of Sharp and thought all tours were accompanied.
    It's a sad fact that most civvies don't have a clue about service life.
  6. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM may be a good idea ........we women would sort out those naughty little insurgents "oi you put down your gun and go in for your tea - NOW"
  7. WISH I had thought of that before I told them otherwise... never mind!
  8. Absolutely no way the link between the two could have been made. I was on Telic 1 and everyone knows that we weren't half as well equipped as Sharpe's chosen men. They had ammo ffs :thumright:
  9. I reckon send a battalion of us chicks in with a good bout of PMT and a few rounds - we'll have this Iraq and Afghanistan nonsense sorted in a jiffy! :highfive:
  10. The mind boggles! Those poor insurgents! :w00t:
  11. Me + PMT + few rounds of stella....jaysus :omfg: Take cover boys it's going to be nasty... :D
  12. I'm sorry but this would clearly be in breach of the laws of armed conflict - it would be a one way ticket to ICTY in the Hague!