I want to re-enlist, does QRs 9.414 Discharge Code mean a complete bar of entry?

Hey,

So, I pretty much have a sound understanding of where I sit with this, but I wanted to post it here and get other peoples advice on this if there is any light to be shed on the circumstance.

In short, I joined at the age of 23/24, I joined Parachute Regiment Infantry Training and came out prematurely because of a decision that I didn't feel I was ready, or with the right regiment at the time, with a lot of outside influences and no support at the time I felt quite vulnerable and unprepared mentally. However, 5 years on, its been a big regret and something that would of defined me as a person and I want to re-enlist at some point with the hope to pursue a military career, whether regular or territorial. When they discharged me (The Parachute Regiment) during Phase 1 training, it was just after the point of no return (for a long time anyway) but because I was determined to get out during that period, they managed to get me discharged, with a Discharge code of QRs 9.414 released from army service.

Now, aside from the Training Staff knowing they had to discharge me as a recruit, my reasons probably didn't mean much other than they thought I was a complete waste of space. I get that.

However, now I personally feel I have my life in order, and given the chance to re-enlist being more mature and experienced 5 years on, I would hopefully like to get the go ahead.

Although, I imagine, with QRs 9.414 Released from Army Service, does that mean that I am not barred from re-applying, and that I might have another chance?

Or that this means that I cannot re-apply, possibly because on the report they might have put their own observations and such?

I know it's an open question, but someone might know that this might be a complete bar for entry, and or it might not be.

Thanks guys, sorry for the rant, and if its been covered before, if someone can share the link that would be great.

Hey,

So, I pretty much have a sound understanding of where I sit with this, but I wanted to post it here and get other peoples advice on this if there is any light to be shed on the circumstance.

In short, I joined at the age of 23/24, I joined Parachute Regiment Infantry Training and came out prematurely because of a decision that I didn't feel I was ready, or with the right regiment at the time, with a lot of outside influences and no support at the time I felt quite vulnerable and unprepared mentally. However, 5 years on, its been a big regret and something that would of defined me as a person and I want to re-enlist at some point with the hope to pursue a military career, whether regular or territorial. When they discharged me (The Parachute Regiment) during Phase 1 training, it was just after the point of no return (for a long time anyway) but because I was determined to get out during that period, they managed to get me discharged, with a Discharge code of QRs 9.414 released from army service.

Now, aside from the Training Staff knowing they had to discharge me as a recruit, my reasons probably didn't mean much other than they thought I was a complete waste of space. I get that.

However, now I personally feel I have my life in order, and given the chance to re-enlist being more mature and experienced 5 years on, I would hopefully like to get the go ahead.

Although, I imagine, with QRs 9.414 Released from Army Service, does that mean that I am not barred from re-applying, and that I might have another chance?

Or that this means that I cannot re-apply, possibly because on the report they might have put their own observations and such?

I know it's an open question, but someone might know that this might be a complete bar for entry, and or it might not be.

Thanks guys, sorry for the rant, and if its been covered before, if someone can share the link that would be great.
It all depends on the reason they discharged you (QRs 9.414 can be applied to a few things). I've known people to rejoin as SNLR.

It all depends on the reason they discharged you (QRs 9.414 can be applied to a few things). I've known people to rejoin as SNLR.
As above.

9.414 (aka SNLR, sometimes Released from service) is pretty wide ranging.

It may depend what was written up about you. On the flip side it was five year ago that you left, so hopefully you are much improved and that may be taken into account.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling it was a broad category. I've requested a copy of my military records to see if their is anything to note in any reports. I pretty much felt like such an idiot for making such a song and dance I just hope they can understand that I'm better for it now.

I imagine though the report being a blunt opinion of me at the time so I just hope I haven't been seen as to of bitten the hand that feeds me too hard.

Fingers crossed. I mean my previous application for the TA for the the Royal Artillery seemed to stick in the system so I'm wondering if there is was a reason for it.

People change and grow up, your informed decision now will probably be seen as just that.

As others have said 9.414 covers a wide variety of reasons and sins.

But what would I know?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

given how desperate we are for people to join, I doubt it would be a problem

edited to add, you should join the Reserve as an interim measure whilst your application for Regs is processed

Thanks or the replies people. Much appreciated. I genuinely hope that it is merely a decision on re-enlisting than digging up anything else and they see my real intentions.

@blobmeister noted, it is probably misleading, I'll change it now.

@Dollsteeth embarrisingly not even a month in. It was a completely misguided decision that outside influences had over me. Which makes me loathe the decision even more

I thought that actually too. I have other commitments (children) now that I would want to be around more, but I would choose another regiment I imagine and take some courses to qualify in something

I rang the Army today and someone eventually got through to find out about my discharge. Finally someone tracked down my record and it just said that I was unhappy at the time and became disbondant. I was re-assured that it won't stop me reapplying or bar from entry. Over the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk