• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

i want to leave but what about my german girl friend?

im really not enjoying army life anymore and really wont to leave, but i have a german girlfriend who i love so much and never want to leave her, she the only reson why im still inn now, i wont to marry her and take her back to uk but she still studying in germany and got another 3 years off school to do, and ive only got 2 years max intill im posted, im headfcuked what to do, i cant see any clear answers. i dont really want to ask her to leave her school because she so bloody clever , i would even stay in germany but i cant speak the lingo and been trying over the last year n half and it just dont stick in my pea sized brain. any one got some ideas what we could do?....cheers mike

get out and join the germany guard service,, they are after guys all the time. plus you get to be a civie ,and still keep tabs on your english side.
or.. go back do 6 months in uk and join naafi. if you join straight from army you can become a ukbc next day,, still tax free..and they supply cheep accom....you still get to be in germany,,german comes with practise.

Don't worry too much mate, if she is as clever as you say then when she grows up and leaves school you will be for the shiteheap.

Get out and find yourself and nice girl on the same wavelength, I'll see you on Jeremy Kyle in a couple of months.

michaelo85 said:
im really not enjoying army life anymore and really wont to leave, but i have a german girlfriend who i love so much and never want to leave her, she the only reson why im still inn now, i wont to marry her and take her back to uk but she still studying in germany and got another 3 years off school to do, and ive only got 2 years max intill im posted, im headfcuked what to do, i cant see any clear answers. i dont really want to ask her to leave her school because she so bloody clever , i would even stay in germany but i cant speak the lingo and been trying over the last year n half and it just dont stick in my pea sized brain. any one got some ideas what we could do?....cheers mike
If she has 3 years of school to do, then how old is she?

yeah pupgreen ive have been thinking along them lines you said become a ukbc what is that?, popoyo im trying not to think that way but i do love Jeremy kyle but im not a scottish skag head so ill dont think he'll let me on the show. :(

Kill her, you'll get over her by the time you get out of nick.

Then apply for a job on Eastenders as a transparent c0ck of a villain, worked for Leslie Grantham......... and Leslie Crowther, but no on eknows he murdered anyone, apart from me and a chap in Berwick upon Tweed

oh right cheers, there a buch of civies who work in the QMs driving around most off our white fleet, driveing the kids to school and wifes to the airport and hospitals ect i think ill see if i can get in to that.

Go back to Blighty on your own.

In a month you'll have a new girlfriend and Erika will be forgotten - except when you dial up the memory file for a quick wa7k.

If you break off in the right way the door will stay open for a while and you can always shoot back for a dirty weekend when you feel like it.

Love fcuks off and dies in most relationships sooner or later and you are only deluding yourself if you think there will be happy ending in any relationship.
Serial monogomy is the way ahead. Women are devious and demanding creatures who are best dicarded on your own terms. Use them, enjoy them, then move on.

Learn from the mistakes of the blokes who post on here and are on their second or third marriage and regretting it again.

When dealing with women set aside all sentimentality, ethics, morality, consideration or compassion (they will only be used against you later) and focus on self preservation only.

Hmmm! She is still in college - obviously very bright - and you can hardly write your name! Maybe she is using you as a bit of rough (probably doing a thesis on you - The Nurture and Care of Brit Trollmen.) Anyway, enjoy it while you can. Nothing lasts for ever.

Whooaaa there big guy.

Let us not get carried away.

She has three more years yet in school, and you have two in the unit max). Why not carry on with your career for another 18 months min.

Then, if you two are still together, you could sign off or exten at your unit. The idea being you could leave the Army roughly at the same time as she leaves college or what ever.

You seem to be wanting to pull the plug now. Why?

German life isn't bad in the Army, and she is in Germany. Tax free etc. Use this next 2 - 3 years like a extended resettlement leave. Learn German if not already.

Ask her what she wants to do.

Does she wan to go to UK? Or does she hope you will stay in Germany? Could she get a job in UK?

Is it even serious? How long have you been together. (Not wishing to hurt but lets be serious).

After that, look to UKBC to stay in Germany. Or see if you can find a job of your own.

Too many lads have banged out of a good career, just to crash and burn when the lady in question pulls the plug on the whole thing. To complete the metaphor, it is hard to get back in to a plane once you've jumped out, you may just have to watch your career crash and burn before you realise she has cut the parachute lines too.

I am very descriptive today. :p

Her: Graduate, professional salary, educated, cultured, professional middle class friends all speaking German.

You: Ex squaddy, crap wage, not speaking German, regardless what language you will have nothing to say at social events that won't make you look like either the village idiot trying to be nice or the English soldier thug being disdainful.

It won't last. You will find your own mates and drink too much. She will bitch at you.

You will put even more money in the pub till, spend more time out of the house than in it and start shagging around with barflys. She will have an affair at work.

You will either have a kid to 'patch things up' - and ruin 3 lives - or you will divorce.

Best move you can make mate is save your cash and come back to England where you will get on an education course yourself.

Edited to add: You are too young to think about settling down anyway. Go and live a little.

Latest Threads